M1A - Before SB281 what were they classfied as?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharstin

Cruffler
    Feb 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Quick Question for everyone who remembers the time before the dark days of SB281. Were Springfield M1A's classified as a Long Rifles or Regulated Firearms then? I know about their C&R designation, but I am asking this questions as it would apply to non C&R holders.

Thanks for the information!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    They are not C & R. First one is from 1972, (give or take a year)

Regulated before. Banned now

Just checked,1974

Last edited:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    just to be clear (or maybe I'm seeing ambuguity where it isn't) were you asking about the M1 garand or the Springfield Armory semi automatic version of the M14?

The mere mention of C&R got me thinking about the garand....

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Frankly, it doesn't matter what this rifle (or the G3 as you started a separate thread about that one) USED to be. It's banned. Period. Can't buy or sell one in state at all. Please stop asking. Just look at the SB281 ban list and criteria to know what you can and cannot have now. ;)

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Frankly, it doesn't matter what this rifle (or the G3 as you started a separate thread about that one) USED to be. It's banned. Period. Can't buy or sell one in state at all. Please stop asking. Just look at the SB281 ban list and criteria to know what you can and cannot have now. ;)

Dude! Why can't anyone ask a question without you busting their balls? You're an old, crotchety, "horse head" aren't you? :lol2:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    If someone's vagina is so sandy they think an informative post with a ****ing winky face smiley is busting their balls, they should probably go campaign for Frosh right now. ;)

In fairness, OP has been asking about various banned rifles and whether they were regulated before.

Fact is, it simply doesn't matter what they WERE. All that matters is that they ARE banned. Sucks, but sometimes the truth sucks indeed. I sure as **** don't like it.....but we still gotta abide by it (until, at least in my case, I can GTFO and go back to the midwest where people aren't.....marylanders. no offense)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If someone's vagina is so sandy they think an informative post with a ****ing winky face smiley is busting their balls, they should probably go campaign for Frosh right now. ;)

In fairness, OP has been asking about various banned rifles and whether they were regulated before.

Fact is, it simply doesn't matter what they WERE. All that matters is that they ARE banned. Sucks, but sometimes the truth sucks indeed. I sure as **** don't like it.....but we still gotta abide by it (until, at least in my case, I can GTFO and go back to the midwest where people aren't.....marylanders. no offense)

I'm offended by this. You'll be hearing from my lawyers. Puss cream is expensive.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually I think early on they weren't regulated until the Chinese imports started coming in.

Nope. They were on the original regulated list, because that list came from the Federal ban list back in the early 90s.

They had the dreaded bayonet lug and flash hider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom