• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Very nice! Glad we could help out! :party29:

Oil up that AMD-65 real well. If it's like mine, the bolt, carrier, receiver, and folder are bone-dry out of the box, but the barrel and chamber which are filled with crap. Once cleaned up and oiled-up, it's a great mean-looking AKM. :thumbsup:

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    Many thanks to Patriot and TapRackBang for taking the time to help a fellow shooter save a few bucks. This page works. :D

Special thanks to Jac43k who also tried to help, but my job messed up our meet at the last minute.

The fruits of our labor:

The new hardware looks good. I'm glad we could help out.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    bought second xd at basspro

So i went to bass pro and bought an xd 9mm, i already own an xdm 4.5 9mm, and told the guy i have a lock that will work but they said nope have to buy the one from here.... ohh well anyways they gave me 10% off for getting their credit card and another 10% for new cardholders just this weekend so, i guess is ok....

coynedogg

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2012
    UR2PC4ME
    So i went to bass pro and bought an xd 9mm, i already own an xdm 4.5 9mm, and told the guy i have a lock that will work but they said nope have to buy the one from here.... ohh well anyways they gave me 10% off for getting their credit card and another 10% for new cardholders just this weekend so, i guess is ok....

That sucks, I hope they gave you a good deal on the pistol.

netspec

Sep 30, 2008
    Randallstown, MD
    I want to thank rouchna for the loan of his lock (.357/.38Spl). This lock exchange is a great idea :thumbsup:

Update: I just called rouchna to return his lock and he gifted it to me on the condition that I make it available for loan. How cool is that!

Last edited:

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    When I bought my G19, I grabbed a lock just so I could loan it out it needed, work in Hunt Valley and live in Abingdon and added the info to the doc. Thank you for setting this all up

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    C. Except as provided under Public Safety Article, §5-131(b), Annotated Code of Maryland, a dealer may not sell, offer for sale, rent, or transfer in the State any handgun manufactured on or after January 1, 2003, unless the handgun is sold, offered for sale, rented, or transferred with an approved integrated mechanical safety device.
    What is considered an "integrated mechanical safety device," who approves them, and is there a list of such devices?

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Realco Guns rep says lock sale is required by law!

Fellas, this is great, glad to see this really took off!

I am looking to purchase a Gen 4 Glock 23, and called a few shops to see what they have in stock. The end of factory night sights sucks.

Anyway, the gentleman who answered the phone at Realco Guns (realcoguns.com) in District Heights, MD said that I would have to buy a lock. I asked if I could bring my own .40 caliber lock, and he said no, I have to buy one.

I said I don't think I do, and he said yes, he must sell one to me, by law. Didn't mention that I could return it after purchase. I said thank you for your time and hung up.

I'll never know if they are ignorant of the actual law, or trying to buffalo potential customers into unnecessary purchases.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I'll never know if they are ignorant of the actual law, or trying to buffalo potential customers into unnecessary purchases.

Yes and yes. :D

Ask if you can sell him one for one dollar, then he can sell it back to you with the pistol for one dollar. Then "the law" as he perceives it would be 100% legally satisfied: He sold a lock with the gun. If he doesn't agree to that, he's definitely buffaloing you.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    My first pistol purchase since the tampon law. Id like to borrow a .40 in the Marriottsville area. Some time before the 19th.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    My first pistol purchase since the tampon law. Id like to borrow a .40 in the Marriottsville area. Some time before the 19th.

I'm nowhere near Marriottsville, but I and other shooters on the spreadsheet (linked in my signature) are willing to mail one to you. Costs $1.95 each way. Soon as I pick up my G27 in a week or so I'll have a spare to give away. :D

t0tln00b

Jul 3, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks Patriot!

Thanks to Patriot for mailing me his lock, I picked up my M&P 9mm. Couldn't have been easier - thanks again!

Dunno how to embed images but looks like any other stock M&P...

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    When did this become a law? I bought my first handgun at a shop in Owings Mills in 2010 and purchasing a lock never came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom