• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Im gonna post this pic here too. Just picked up some 80% tonight and through some goodies on one so it looked somewhat firearm-ish. Can't wait to put these bad boys together.

Very nice !!!!!

wjt1169

Builds in progress...

AnHoursWork-Mega-BAD-RA-01-1500-B3_zps786b299d.jpg

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Finished my Black Rain LR-308 build FINALLY! It is almost done, the Magpul MOE grip apparently doesn't fit the lower...so I need to find an alternative...any suggestions? I'm just waiting for Centurion to release the bipod stud for the CMR so I can go hit the range.

Attachments

• lr-308.jpg
      lr-308.jpg
      143.5 KB · Views: 525

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    That thing is AWESOME!!!

How, exactly, does the MOE grip seem to not fit?

Thanks, that's a big complement coming from you!

The MOE grip's tail comes up too quickly for the design of the lower. It is impossible to seat the MOE all the way in. If I cut the tail off it would fit, but look stupid. I drew a line in paint to kind of show where the lower would need to arc to support the MOE grip.

Attachments

• tail.png
      tail.png
      12.6 KB · Views: 474

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I think the MIAD has a backstrap without the dovetail at the top. That or the MOE K grip.

Finished my Black Rain LR-308 build FINALLY! It is almost done, the Magpul MOE grip apparently doesn't fit the lower...so I need to find an alternative...any suggestions? I'm just waiting for Centurion to release the bipod stud for the CMR so I can go hit the range.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks, that's a big complement coming from you!

The MOE grip's tail comes up too quickly for the design of the lower. It is impossible to seat the MOE all the way in. If I cut the tail off it would fit, but look stupid. I drew a line in paint to kind of show where the lower would need to arc to support the MOE grip.

There's a pretty good selection of grips without the tail. BCM, MIAD, MOE K, Umbrella.......

Btw, thats a sick lookin build. Very nice.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks guys. I really like that BCM grip, hadn't seen that before. It looks about the right proportions, I'll have to snag one up!

Happy to help!

And FYI, I'm pretty sure 2A Sales has the BCM grip in stock. BCM makes two different versions. One with the tail, and I one without. If youre not to far from 2A I'd give them a call and see if they have the one youre lookin for.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

HOGUE!!!! i have them on my ARs. they come with storage in some versions too. they make the magpul ones feel like the airsoft grips they are:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom