• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if it's not specifically excluded above, i'm considering it to be legal.

i was actually going to buy some pmc bronze to have something cheap for short range work to use instead of the xm193. $7/box is cheapest i've seen recently.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    if it's not specifically excluded above, i'm considering it to be legal.

i was actually going to buy some pmc bronze to have something cheap for short range work to use instead of the xm193. $7/box is cheapest i've seen recently.

Yeah I got a few hundred of XM193 at 5.49 a box.

PMC is good stuff for plinking.

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    I check everything I shoot with a magnet before loading up. I found a unpainted round or two in federal walmart bulk packs before that picked up with a magnet.

barcuna

Aug 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Rifle ammo

Bottom line, folks, is that if a magnet will pick up the bullet, it cannot be used. The specifically mentioned ammo in the match flyer is prohibited regardless of the magnet test

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    I usually look for RO I know and have shot with when picking a squad, everytime I have shot with a younger RO I don't know I have not had as much fun-some guys are just to serious. You wanna throw out a squad we can all try and do it, best to pick a higher number like 3-4.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Slight thread drift. I need to buy some AR mag holders for a training class I am taking. I also eventually hope to shoot 3 gun. My question is, how many AR mag holders do you guys typically carry on you for IDPA and USPSA 3 gun matches? Is one enough or do you carry more? IDPA rules seem to suggest you can carry two at most.

In any case, any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I had two pistol mags, two AR mags and three 4rd shotshell caddies on my belt. I never reloaded my AR once though. I would just carry 1 mag, mostly just for handling a malfunction.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    It was a fun match. the 6 small targets at 150 yards were rough with no optic. I was happy to be out in the nice weather shooting the pistor, ar, and shotgun. Very nice facility they have there too. Very pleased with how I did for a first match.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well i was so pissed i missed most of those poppers that i stopped by the range yesterday to see what went wrong. total dumass rookie mistake, left the scope adjusted for the last time i shot it, at 400 yards... the whole reason i brought that rifle and big optic was to nail that stage, i guess maybe next time...

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Brennan,
    I didn't recognize anyone else's name on the score sheet so I have to ask about your penalty points. New to three gun so I'm trying to get a better understanding about it. Was your penalty points because of missed targets or missed hits on targets, or hits on "no shoot" targets? Just curious to uderstand how the scoring went for the penalties. Looks like Tac Optics is the class to get into.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Just curious to uderstand how the scoring went for the penalties.

brennan i believe shot in tactical, not tach ops, using a non-magnified eotech, sure some other folks did also so the score sheet should be divvied up a little. folks with magnification definitely had an advantage in stage 1, the other stages not so much.

i rang up 60 points in penalties, most in stage 1 with all the steel misses (i either got 2 or 3 hits i think). i missed one of the small flying clays and i may have had one other miss somewhere with the rifle.

with no-shoots, head shots, flying mini-clays, the spinner, and the hard to see poppers in the woods, there were plenty of opportunities for penalties.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I, J. Wilkinson, shot in tactical iron as well with just a red dot on my AR. It was a lot of fun and my first 3 gun. Looks like I have work to do.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I ****ed myself on Stage 4 by not being able to get the spinner to spin with my shotgun. That was a 60 second penalty... :-( I also completely missed a popper on Stage 3 with my pistol.

I don't get why it has everyone listed as Tac Optics... I was registered as Tactical Irons.

It would also be nice if the scoresheet were more IDPA-esque with the stage breakdowns.

Either way the match was definitely a blast! I'll be back for sure... And I'll be back with chokes in my shotgun! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom