• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :lol2:Oh and nothing wrong with taking out a bad guy with a stylish gun!!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    :)I shot 15 rounds in my 590 Saturday and i will tell you the gun barrel heated up on it. That is why i am dumping on a heatshield.Shit hits the fan and it needs a few consecutive reloads i want to be able to focus on the targets not on getting scolded!! Oh and i didn't take anything as snarky lol. It was a good question and I hope i gave a good answer!!

get a glove...or an oven mit...whatever...or just hold it by the foregrip. In what world do you expect to have to dump a few mag tubes through a 590 and still be alive to care about a scalded hand?

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    circleshooter said:
    I may eventually add a light to it but in my place, due to outside lights in the courtyard, it's never actually pitch dark. I can see pretty well at night. Plus, isn't the muzzle flash the only light the intruder needs to see?

But in a high stress situation, throw 50% of your skill, knowledge, and awareness out the window. Get a light.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    OK, you guys talked me into it. Got an ElZetta ZSM tactical shotgun mount with a Polytac LED 120 lumen flashlight. Pretty nice setup for not a lot of money. Mounted it so that when I mount the gun I can easily reach out with my index finger from the pump and turn it on or off.

GunLight.jpg

But in a high stress situation, throw 50% of your skill, knowledge, and awareness out the window. Get a light.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :DSmokey; I already have gloves(voodoo tactical) and you never know what may come tomorrow. I personally like heatshields for guns that are intended to be shot multiple times rapidly. Just a precaution. Safety first!!

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :DCircleshooter; I am digging the light setup. I am adding the Elzetta mount and a surefire light to my list. Looks like i can have my gun, light mount, light, and heatshield for the low low price of $495.00!! In my opinion that is a damn good deal.

Mr H

Banana'd
    :DCircleshooter; I am digging the light setup. I am adding the Elzetta mount and a surefire light to my list. Looks like i can have my gun, light mount, light, and heatshield for the low low price of $495.00!! In my opinion that is a damn good deal.

I have a combo light/laser on mine with a thumb pressure switch, so I never have to let go of my grip.

I like the prior suggestion of closing your dom. eye while the light is on.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :DJust got word from mossberg that the heatshield i have on the way won't work on my 590. I am curious to see how true this is as i think the guy on the phone thought i am the owner of the 18.5" barrel cruiser model and it actually have the 23" barrel with extended tube mag on mine. I will keep you guys up to date in this ordeal. I will try by all means to get this baby to fit. Worst case scenario looks like i will just have to buy a 500 88 maverick for about 250-275.00 to put the shield on. can't beat the reason to buy another gun!!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    :DJust got word from mossberg that the heatshield i have on the way won't work on my 590. I am curious to see how true this is as i think the guy on the phone thought i am the owner of the 18.5" barrel cruiser model and it actually have the 23" barrel with extended tube mag on mine. I will keep you guys up to date in this ordeal. I will try by all means to get this baby to fit. Worst case scenario looks like i will just have to buy a 500 88 maverick for about 250-275.00 to put the shield on. can't beat the reason to buy another gun!!

yeah, i got a camo steering wheel cover for my fusion, but it didn't fit. I think i'm going to get a f-150 now to put it on.

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    Originally Posted by GUNMANSUPERSTAR View Post
    I shot 15 rounds in my 590 Saturday and i will tell you the gun barrel heated up on it. That is why i am dumping on a heatshield.Shit hits the fan and it needs a few consecutive reloads i want to be able to focus on the targets not on getting scolded!! Oh and i didn't take anything as snarky lol. It was a good question and I hope i gave a good answer!!

get a glove...or an oven mit...whatever...or just hold it by the foregrip. In what world do you expect to have to dump a few mag tubes through a 590 and still be alive to care about a scalded hand?

I was wondering this myself

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Glad you got a light.

I do recommend you take a dedicated shotgun class. If you plan to go check out that bump in the night I feel a handgun with light will serve you better; shotgun is best for staying put while your wife calls 911.

Hope she's ok that you've been having an affair with a mossberg. From your photo we can clearly see you are snuggled up on the couch in your pj's with a very sexy mossy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom