• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    I suppose I just had to slightly Bubba one of my SKS rifles. There is nothing permanent and I still have everything to switch it all back original. It has : Choate Drag stock , Albanian new unumbered bolt carrier , Ricks bird cage style flash hidder , blackjack "H" type recoil buffer , Harris bI-Pod , Tapco 20 rd detachable magazine , Tapco gas piston , Tapco Gas Tube, Tapco OP Rod , Ben's Firing Pin W/Spring and I did the bolt ]

Last edited:

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I wouldn't consider that Bubba'ed. TO me, it is a clean weapon that has been modified to suit your needs or taste. you don't have tacticool rails and lights and switches, and gizmos and gadgets that have no use whatsoever on it. YOu haven't destroyed anything, and so what if you had. It's your rifle, and you'll do with it what you will. anyway, it looks good...

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Why would you have to modify the bolt to be able to remove the mag when closed?
    It's similar to the bolt on a Chinese SKS "M" or "D" that use AK mags. The lips of the Tapco 20 rd mags get trapped in the groves of the bolt when closed . Without the bolt modification the bolt has to be in the "locked back" position in order to remove the mag. It works the same way in the Norinco SKS "D" or "M". You have to remove some of the metal from the lower portion of the sides of the bolt.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Thanks ! It is a lot more user friendly now in stock length. It is very reliable with any ammo and the spent brass ejects hard...bouncing with force off the roof from my shooting position and ricocheting off an adjacent bench :lol2: The 20rd Tapco mags are function reliable but are not stripper clip friendly :tdown: I also had a trigger job done by Kivaari (Tom Prince) that may have been the best change I made for accuracy. I will admit it ain't a tack driver but about average + for a SKS ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom