• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Yes I know it's a Kel-tec. Go bash someone else. :sad20:

Now. I bought a used Kel-tec P11 9mm. When loaded with 9 rounds in the mag (kel-tec factory) and one in the pipe, sometimes I cannot rack the slide. I can't see if the top part of the barrel/chamber is getting caught up on the underside of the slide or what. With several hard tries,it will rack ok, but you have to drop the mag. I have tried with only a couple of rounds in the mag, but same result. I'm thinking of using the dremel and carefully grinding down the leading edge of the barrel top/chamber area and polishing the hell out of it. Does anyone think that taking a little off of the underside of the slide would also help?

The only other possibility I can think of is the feed lips on the mag are slightly raised and pushing the chamber part of the barrel upward, but the mag loads normally.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    A friend of mine has a P11 that had issues. Contact Kel tec, they'll take care of it for you. Don't start messing with it yourself.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do you have a second mag to try? Can you rack the slide with only a single round in the barrel? Reason I ask could it be a tight chamber, or a burr?

I have a P11 and I love mine. Never an issue and it's had thousands of rounds through it.

As others have said, Kel Tec will make it right.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Send it to kel-ec. Not only will they correct it but most of the time they send you a free mag for your troubles!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    How are you chambering the one in the pipe? Drop in or taking it from the mag?

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    P-11 problem fixed. Noticed a small burr on the piece inside the frame that the barrel lugs travel over. Smoothed it down and polished bottom of barrel lugs. Smooth as silk now. Couldn't send it to Kel-tec. I bought it from a (cough cough) "friend" in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom