• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Was looking to see if any of the IP's have these on hand to rent so I can give them a try before I buy.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Was looking to see if any of the IP's have these on hand to rent so I can give them a try before I buy.

Its a tough call. I have shot both. I bought the Sig, but like the HK, except the paddle mag release. Of course the CZ I just bought has a paddle release! :lol2: I don't know of anyone that has both available to rent. Good luck. I don't think you can make a mistake. The 320 with night sights is about the same as the HK without them. YMMV.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

PPQ should be on your list. The VP9 is HK's answer to it. (and the striker market) And the PPQ offers a paddle and button mag release options.

I believe United Gun and Engage both have PPQ's in stock. Probably sig and HK as well.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Its a tough call. I have shot both. I bought the Sig, but like the HK, except the paddle mag release. Of course the CZ I just bought has a paddle release! :lol2: I don't know of anyone that has both available to rent. Good luck. I don't think you can make a mistake. The 320 with night sights is about the same as the HK without them. YMMV.

I'm the opposite. Own a vp9, have shot the p320. OP, this is not a coincidence, lol.
    I've also shot the ppq thay 501st mentioned and preferred the hk for the feel and the sights.

May be hard to find these as rentals though.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm the opposite. Own a vp9, have shot the p320. OP, this is not a coincidence, lol.
    I've also shot the ppq thay 501st mentioned and preferred the hk for the feel and the sights.

May be hard to find these as rentals though.

Freestate's selection of 9mm rentals is a bit skinny, because the two pistols mentioned here are on the list of those I want my wife to try, and they don't have either one.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Freestate's selection of 9mm rentals is a bit skinny, because the two pistols mentioned here are on the list of those I want my wife to try, and they don't have either one.

Nope, all their rentals are pretty old and the vp9 and p320 are both around a year old or less.
    Perhaps a little meet up is in order? :shrug:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If no IPs step forward, may want to call the new indoor ranges in Frederick (Heritage Training Center and The Machine Gun Nest). Both opened this summer so have very new inventories of firearms available to rent.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    TMGN. VP9 instore for rent $10. Call ahead to see what ammo they allow for you to bring for the VP9. Certain models, they want you to use brass cased.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Neither United or Engage have a range where a rented gun can be shot. And an HQL is required if you do take a firearm off premises even if you could go to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom