• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My first handgun, after a fair amount of research was a Sig P226. Quite a few guns later, I still think it was a pretty good choice.
    The P226R DAK was my first centerfire handgun, and I still have it. As a home defense gun, it's excellent. As a general shooter... perhaps less so. But it's a rare gun that excels at everything.

vandrv

Oct 8, 2013
    Harford County
    The P226R DAK was my first centerfire handgun, and I still have it. As a home defense gun, it's excellent. As a general shooter... perhaps less so. But it's a rare gun that excels at everything.

Mine is DA/SA and I shoot it fairly well. At least as well as I shoot anything, and as a home defense gun, I would trust my life with it.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Jan 25, 2010
    Harwood, Md.
    I went to on target and rented a ton of guns in the same caliber that way I knew what I liked in my hands and what I managed best on accuracy, looking for the most natural feel. Once I got that figured out (M&P and Glock) I went with different calibers (ended with 9mm). Then I went 19 or 17, ended with 19. Then I went head to head with the M&P and 19... Both shot great but the M&P was more comfortable to me and I liked the idea of changing the back straps for my then girlfriend, now wife if she wanted to shoot.

That being said I now have several of both frames and am looking to pick up 2 of those block 19's that I never ended up getting.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    How easy is it to find standard capacity Beretta mags outside of Md? You can go almost anywhere a d find Glock, M&P mags.

Very easy. Its one of the best selling pistols, if only because of military usage. Most shops and shows should have mags.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The first pistol I bought myself was a German SIG P225 from Continental Arms back in 1999. I was fresh out of college and living in an apartment in Timonium. I rented a Beretta 92 from them a couple of times, and decided I wanted to buy a pistol (I grew up shooting in my back yard in upstate NY as a kid). I looked at a bunch of stuff they had, and there were two SIGs - a P225 and P228. The P225 fit my hand better, so I bought that. I sold it a few years later to buy a P228, and while I really like that pistol, I kind of wish I'd kept the P225 just because it was my first one.

macauman

May 20, 2010
    My first ever firearm was a Glock g22. I bought a Lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel and the beauty was I could swap between 40 and 9 with a swap of barrel and mags. Later on I was considering between a 92FS and a CZ75. I found the ergonomics of the CZ served me better and I loved it. But the 92FS or M9 is a great gun regardless. Good choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom