• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have several SKS rifles. I took the bolt down after removing firing pin and cleaned out the cosmo. No slam fires here. you have to pull that pin to install spring so why not clean it out? Not sure about deer rifle at 100 yards, Its the shooter with iron sights that makes the difference there.
    Over 1K rounds from my first SKS and never a feed,jam or hicckkup.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I run steel case x39 exclusively without problems in my CMMG Mk47 Mutant ;)
    and after returning to the factory for repair also in my M10X Elite.

The Mutant is indeed a very nice rifle, but it's a bit outside of my budget unfortunately.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    PSA announced the "KS-47" at SHOT 2016, which is basically a down-spec MK-47. Should run about $400-$500 cheaper.

I have an SKS-M, and that's a nice rifle. It's very much like what the Mini-30 should have been. Alas, banned now.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I got a PRS stock on my c308 but it requires a lot of dremeling. How easy was it for your ptr32? Btw, I think I heard someone was saying that c308 still gtg?

Nop, went right on the PTR32 with just a little finessing...and the C308 is Banned on the list...if you got one before it made it in the list date your okay from what I have read.

the forend is from HK Part/UTG...

Even though the parts are NOT interchangeable someone had to have had submitted it and the MSP for reviewing it deemed it a copycat...

I waited to long to get one and I am still Po'd about it...since I got the PTR32 I really like that type HK...

Last I read Engage went to court to contest its listing...

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Man, I will be all over an AK-74 mag lower. I've got a 5.45x39 upper sitting around that's begging to be made into an AR-74.

I saw on youtube or Full30 an interview on it from shot show 2016 and it will be able to take standard AR uppers...so it that's the case I am more interested because I would go with the 5.45x39 aka the poison bullet...

I think PSA said it would go for $999 in 7.62x39, would be nice they offer a 5.45x39...

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Nop, went right on the PTR32 with just a little finessing...and the C308 is Banned on the list...if you got one before it made it in the list date your okay from what I have read.

the forend is from HK Part/UTG...

Even though the parts are NOT interchangeable someone had to have had submitted it and the MSP for reviewing it deemed it a copycat...

I waited to long to get one and I am still Po'd about it...since I got the PTR32 I really like that type HK...

Last I read Engage went to court to contest its listing...

Good to know on the parts for the ptr32, that will be my next rifle besides the Ruger precision rifle and perhaps the Vepr. Yeah, I got lucky on the C308 and I don't think there was an outcome from Engage that the C308 is gtg now, anyone? Btw, do you mind sharing your ptr32 pictures?

Feb 28, 2013
    Whoever the knucklehead is that submitted the C308, you sir are the east end of a west bound horse. :mad54:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Good to know on the parts for the ptr32, that will be my next rifle besides the Ruger precision rifle and perhaps the Vepr. Yeah, I got lucky on the C308 and I don't think there was an outcome from Engage that the C308 is gtg now, anyone? Btw, do you mind sharing your ptr32 pictures?

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91-PTR-Cetme-Tactical-Tri-rail-Handguard-System-112p879.htm

Oh on the stock you will need the Bolt for the PTR32, I just happen to have one and Hkparts has them...

Also on the Mags you want BH open...Promag AK47 AKA1 is what I got and work fine with a little sanding to smooth them out

Atlantic has decent price on the PTR32...its were I got mine...on sale.

Your bucket sounds similar to mine, though the RPR is not on my Radar.

I going either a scout type Bolt action or kinda build one with a Savage dropping it into a McRee Stock...338 Federal, or Creedmoor, I know the RPR has a 6.5 CM...though I read some good and bad on it...

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I did some checking on the 2016 Shot Show videos on the KS -47 and the Rep said that in will take "Mil-Spec" Standard 7.62x39mm AR Uppers.

So my question to those who are familiar with the Ak 74 Format with the 5,45x39mm caliber; Are the Magazines the Same Size as 7.62x39mm-I Realize the length is the same but the followers I am sure are different and so maybe the top part of the Mags?

if anyone can confirm this would be a viable and nice platform for the Russian Calibers...

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91-PTR-Cetme-Tactical-Tri-rail-Handguard-System-112p879.htm

Oh on the stock you will need the Bolt for the PTR32, I just happen to have one and Hkparts has them...

Also on the Mags you want BH open...Promag AK47 AKA1 is what I got and work fine with a little sanding to smooth them out

Atlantic has decent price on the PTR32...its were I got mine...on sale.

Your bucket sounds similar to mine, though the RPR is not on my Radar.

I going either a scout type Bolt action or kinda build one with a Savage dropping it into a McRee Stock...338 Federal, or Creedmoor, I know the RPR has a 6.5 CM...though I read some good and bad on it...

Thanks for the info, I was struggling with that bolt, think I got one of those Home Depot bolt installed lol. i still haven't gotten Vepr because I don't have the feeling that its been 100% gtg if you know what I meant.

Your plan on the bolt rifle seems pretty good, but what's bad about the RPR 6.5? I will get the 308.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Thanks for the info, I was struggling with that bolt, think I got one of those Home Depot bolt installed lol. i still haven't gotten Vepr because I don't have the feeling that its been 100% gtg if you know what I meant.

Your plan on the bolt rifle seems pretty good, but what's bad about the RPR 6.5? I will get the 308.

On the RPR from just cruising the net seems to be some quality issues and then the counterpoint is you get what you pay for...which is not always the case...

The biggest problem is that there is SO MUCH OUT THERE its hard to make a decision...

I just looked at the HOWA line and they have a Scout not and some other nice rifle pkgs and they sell actions...

To me the Vepr is a better choice over the MKA 1919 type...I like the KSG, but seems to have some problems as well...

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    How is an SKS really? Especially as a short range deer rifle (100-150yds). I've seen a couple of companies make drop in firing pin replacements to add a spring so no more free floating pin and lots of replacement stocks.

I don't hunt but only want to mention that an SKS weighs about 8.5 lbs. I have both an SKS and a vz2008. The vz weighs about 7 lbs, is more accurate than the SKS, and with an effective muzzle brake, is very pleasant to shoot. The vz is very handy to carry around, it reminds me of an M1 carbine. The SKS is a LONG rifle, actually about 1/2 inch longer than a Garand. My vz has the folding stock. For hunting I'd guess you'd want a rifle with a fixed stock, that might up the weight somewhat. There are 10 round magazines available for the vz too.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Repo Sturmgewehr in 7.62x39
    https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr-standard-length-223/

I can't see why this would be banned in MD plus pistol and SBR versions will be available. Getting the magazines would be extremely problematic.

Maybe not banned, but not accessible - website says will NOT ship to Maryland.

I never understood this - if its legal, then not shipping it just rewards the anti's in those states and hurts the pro-2A folks eho would have ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom