• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Anybody going to Cresap this Saturday with M16A2 that I can test fire? I am planning to get one and I would like to see how it feel before I plunge. I will be shooting my Yugo SKS and M38 Izzy that day. If you are interested in these rifles, you can stopby and test fire mine too.

Thanks

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Do you really mean a real select fire M16A2 or do you mean a semi auto AR15?? Most M16's run about $12-15,000. (or more depending on variables.)

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Just the flat top AR15. M16 would be nice. We have a few of this Vietnam era in the PI.

An M16 would be verboten at Cresap. No Class III firearms.

I have an M4 (as does everyone else at Cresap) and will probably be there Saturday. From the sound of it, that's not what you're looking to test fire.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    An M16 would be verboten at Cresap. No Class III firearms.

I have an M4 (as does everyone else at Cresap) and will probably be there Saturday. From the sound of it, that's not what you're looking to test fire.

I have an M4. I just want to try the full size. See you there Saturday.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    When you say you have an M4, I assume you mean a shorter AR15 (like 16" barrel)? Real M4s would be fully auto just like M16s I thought.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    When you say you have an M4, I assume you mean a shorter AR15 (like 16" barrel)? Real M4s would be fully auto just like M16s I thought.

You're right. M4gery. Here I am clearing up a distinction while not following my own. Sorry for the confusion.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I'm used to people calling them by the wrong names. I have an AR 15 carbine, but friends and my dad call it an M16.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    I'm used to people calling them by the wrong names. I have an AR 15 carbine, but friends and my dad call it an M16.

True, I'm quick to correct friends on the AR/M16 thing (while ignoring M4 :lol2:). AKs are even easier to call by the wrong name. Instead of "AK-47 clone", everyone just says AK-47. Well...I guess technically the only true AK-47 is the Russian milled receiver old school ones. They're all clones (even select fire ones) based off that.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    They're all assault rifles and need to be banned. Stop clinging to your guns and religion. Come have a sip of this Koolaid and relax. It will all be over soon. :)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    How about a COLT HBAR 20" A2 ?
    Thats the closest thing you will get to an M16A2 without a tax stamp.

In general, IMHO, Full sized rifles perform better at the range compared to the shorter carbines. the longer barrel results in better velocity, longer sight radius for added accuracy, Added weight for balance and recoil reduction, Longer gas tube for a more reliable action. Full stock also gives a better cheekweld. The M4 clones look cooler but the Full sized AR15s work better. A2 open sights are also the best military type rifle sights on the planet, second only to an M1A. If one needs to learn the right way of shooting a rifle, it is hard to Beat the A2 configuration.
    Also, AKs with stamped receivers are not AK47s but Semi- Automatic AKMs ( Avtomat Kalashnikov- Modified) or AK variants

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom