• ...and so much more!
  • RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I distinctly remember LaPierre and others being ridiculed for promoting this exact thing.

Yes and I distinctly remember LaPierre getting the idea from none other than Bill "I didn't have sex with that woman—Ms. Lewinsky" Clinton.
    Politics makes strange bedfellows.:)

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Democrat Governor is against the idea. No surprise there. This is why having at least a Republican governor in this state is better than any (D) governor. I have no doubt that if a rural town or county tried the same here in Md., there would be no opposition to it by our (R) Governor. Our state can become more gun friendly one county at a time. I know Carroll county is pretty pro2A, as are other rural county sheriffs. All it takes is for the ordinary citizens in those counties to make the calls and be heard.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This would be a big, bold step for CT. Its Governor Malloy is the one who is over the top with his inflammatory, baseless remarks.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes and I distinctly remember LaPierre getting the idea from none other than Bill "I didn't have sex with that woman—Ms. Lewinsky" Clinton.
    Politics makes strange bedfellows.:)
    Fred...point of order.

I believe the liar specifically said "...sexual relations..." not "...sex..." on advice of counsel.

His lying bitch wife is still playing the very same legal definition word games years later except now it ain't about knob jobs and air starts but dead Americans and highly classified material.

Well matched those two. Can't wait for their spawn to enter the political arena.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The Democrat Governor is against the idea. No surprise there. This is why having at least a Republican governor in this state is better than any (D) governor. I have no doubt that if a rural town or county tried the same here in Md., there would be no opposition to it by our (R) Governor. Our state can become more gun friendly one county at a time. I know Carroll county is pretty pro2A, as are other rural county sheriffs. All it takes is for the ordinary citizens in those counties to make the calls and be heard.

I am not so sure that Hogan wouldn't oppose this. The Brown campaign ads would be run again by someone else with the tagline "we told you so". What has Hogan done that would lead you to believe that our 2A rights are more important to him than his shot at re-election?

Not trying to bash the Governor because he has certainly done other things to try to make the state better but guns is not really one of them. Now with the GA overriding his vetos and allowing felons on parole to vote to ensure their continued dominance in politics I am finally starting to look at possible MD exit plans.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am not so sure that Hogan wouldn't oppose this. The Brown campaign ads would be run again by someone else with the tagline "we told you so". What has Hogan done that would lead you to believe that our 2A rights are more important to him than his shot at re-election?

Not trying to bash the Governor because he has certainly done other things to try to make the state better but guns is not really one of them. Now with the GA overriding his vetos and allowing felons on parole to vote to ensure their continued dominance in politics I am finally starting to look at possible MD exit plans.

You're not alone in your precautionary exit plans.

I don't think there's anything Hogan would be able to do as Governor to stop a county or town from implementing that. That was the gist of my point. My guess is he wouldn't go out of his way to vocally speak up against it, but would just let it be. That's my best guess considering his past opposition to liberal objectives in this state. He certainly hasn't backed down from liberals and their PC, social justice crap when confronted by them. As for 2A, he's obviously not active in that regard, but he sure isn't acting against us.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Meanwhile in Oklahoma:

56b2f1482ce09.image.jpg

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/news...cle_f50e1d9c-cb08-11e5-8b7a-0b7a35fbd54c.html

"The Okay Public Schools Board of Education passed an “Armed School Employees” policy in August. On Monday, the district publicized that policy with signage in front of the school."

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    gamer jim, I saw that, too, and very much approve.

That's OK and not that much of a stretch for that state.

On the other hand, for a CT school district to even consider this is significant.

With the resistance to Malloy's gun-grabbing agenda, including even LEOs refusing to turn in the newly banned items, this is another instance showing how out of step the anti-2A politicians are with the bulk of Americans who see a firearm as a tool that has a proper place when used correctly.

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    The progressive majority MD General Assembly would punish a school district in MD for even trying this by finding a way to withhold state funding to that district.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom