• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    AmmoBot works for me

I have gotten most of my 22s using ammobot app..

chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    Walmart in Ellicott City off of RT40/Ridge Road had ~18 100rd boxes of CCI 40gr standard velocity for $7.50 each.

My wife and I each picked up the limit of three boxes, felt good. They might have a dozen left. I was pleasantly surprised considering it was a random Wednesday evening at like 8:30pm.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Walmart in Ellicott City off of RT40/Ridge Road had ~18 100rd boxes of CCI 40gr standard velocity for $7.50 each.

My wife and I each picked up the limit of three boxes, felt good. They might have a dozen left. I was pleasantly surprised considering it was a random Wednesday evening at like 8:30pm.

Walmart released a bunch of .22lr ammo on Saturday. Guessing that ammo has been sitting at that Walmart since Saturday, which is a good sign. I know everything was gone in Frederick by 7:00 pm on Saturday because my wife checked for me. It seems as though more and more .22lr is staying on the shelves. Reminds me when I saw 9mm at the Ellicott City Walmart sitting on the shelf for a full week. Things got a lot better right after that with everything except .22lr.

chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    Walmart released a bunch of .22lr ammo on Saturday. Guessing that ammo has been sitting at that Walmart since Saturday, which is a good sign. I know everything was gone in Frederick by 7:00 pm on Saturday because my wife checked for me. It seems as though more and more .22lr is staying on the shelves. Reminds me when I saw 9mm at the Ellicott City Walmart sitting on the shelf for a full week. Things got a lot better right after that with everything except .22lr.

Actually... we went on Saturday evening to the same Walmart and they were completely cleared out of .22lr. I wasn't expecting to see it today at all after that disheartening experience!

But on the topic of other ammo - 9mm, 5.56, and etc were all in stock both days, so yeah, things are looking up! The prices just weren't that impressive after Freedom Munition's sale with free shipping... 21 cents a round for new 124gr 9mm is pretty hard to beat!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I must be in heaven this month. I managed 2-325 rd boxes of Fed AM at Midway for $16.99 each and a brick of 500 CCI-Blazer for $20.99. Also got some cheap on line at Gander Mtn. Then early this week I got a notice from Midway that my .22 ammo back order was going to ship this week. A 1575 rd ammo box of Fiochi 40g HV for $99, 1000 rd of Win M-22 for $50, and 5-100 rd boxes of CCI-MM 40g for $6.69/box. Maybe the ammo shortage is actually over.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    I'm still not seeing too much .22 LR in the stores near me, but I am not in the gun stores every week. I've started finding decent (well, decent for the last year or two) prices and quantities of .22LR for sale online. I usually buy a couple bricks at a time to spread out the shipping cost and replenish when I get town to half a brick or so left. If you look on sights like Ammoseek or Gunbot.net (not an advertisement, just mentioning the sites I use) you can find a ton of ammo in all calibers becoming more available.

Cheers,
    Crazy Ivan

Sirex