SB100? Any update? Did it make it out of committee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I thought I read it somewhere that Pro-2A representatives were such in number that they could force a vote or force a Bill out of Committee... what ever happened to that notion?:shrug:

Flame away...

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I am not from here, and only moved here for work so I have no vested interest in staying. Maryland has some of the most screwed up laws I have ever encountered, and I have lived in seven other states and more cities than I can count. And it is not just gun laws - Maryland's divorce laws are the worst I have ever seen. So am I staying to fight the fight? Absolutely not. I can retire in 6 years and the moment that happens, you may count me as gone. I simply don't need the aggravation.

This...

I moved here in 2012. Before that, I had only been to BWI for a few layovers and one trip to Baltimore for a concert. I have zero loyalty/allegiance to MD and honestly, it makes me laugh when people cry about transients not staying to fight. The people of MD let this state get to where it is. I wish you luck on your fight but this isn't my home. My home is far from here and I'll likely never get back there. So until I get "home" I'll live my life in a state that doesn't trample the freedom of it's citizens.

In about 3-4 more weeks, I'll be in my new home in VA. It may not be perfect, but it's damn sure better than MD.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Tell me how do you fight these assholes?? The reps that are the problem won't even listen to what their constituents have to say, it does me no good to try to influence them since I have no power over them at the poles. My representatives are in line with my way of thinking so I have no idea what more I can do.

VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT! MAKE A LOT OF NOISE! CONVINCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT! MAKE THEM FEAR FOR THEIR JOB! :mad54:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT! MAKE A LOT OF NOISE! CONVINCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT! MAKE THEM FEAR FOR THEIR JOB! :mad54:

he and I are saying basically the same thing. western md, southern md, and the eastern shore reps are , for the very most part, very pro 2a. our reps are not the problem. central md reps are the problem and we, in the other areas, can not vote yalls shitty reps out. that's up to yall.

yes, we make noise. yes we do our part to keep our reps straight. shit, many of yalls reps wont accept my emails because I don't live in yalls district. its up to yall to do this with your reps, we cant.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I disagree with each of you that think you aren't running. You can say you're going to a better place, but for how long? Maryland sucks, New York sucks, California sucks. They will keep sucking and the liberals will continue to spread. PA has a good legislature now; how long will that last? Look at NoVa getting VA's anti-gun governor elected. The liberal mindset is spreading because good people are doing nothing. People moving is as bad as hearing a hunter say these laws don't effect him and his deer rifle so he doesn't care. If you want to leave, leave. You're not getting any 'atta-boys' from me. And even if your rights are better wherever you go for now, what about your kid's rights, and your grandkid's rights.

Thanks, but I'll stay, and get to the polls, and get to Annapolis. :mdpatriot

:rantoff:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I disagree with each of you that think you aren't running. You can say you're going to a better place, but for how long? Maryland sucks, New York sucks, California sucks. They will keep sucking and the liberals will continue to spread. PA has a good legislature now; how long will that last? Look at NoVa getting VA's anti-gun governor elected. The liberal mindset is spreading because good people are doing nothing. People moving is as bad as hearing a hunter say these laws don't effect him and his deer rifle so he doesn't care. If you want to leave, leave. You're not getting any 'atta-boys' from me. And even if your rights are better wherever you go for now, what about your kid's rights, and your grandkid's rights.

Hear, hear!!!!!

This is the best summation I've seen in a while.

A couple of old saws I'll dust off here...

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Entropy exists... Nothing gets better with neglect.

People will stop fighting for you, if you're not willing to fight for yourself.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    If people like you would stay and fight, maybe things could change. Good luck in PA with an anti-gun Governor, Anti-gun AG, and an anti-gun State Police head on the way in.

I'm really sick of the negative people that just want to run and hide.

Of course, the flip side to this is if everyone who was pro gun, pro freedom, etc. would go ahead and leave the state, we could tip the scales to prop up other states that are more evenly spit than MD. Let the parasites keep MD and shore up the states we can keep. Might be a decent national strategy to look at.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I thought I read it somewhere that Pro-2A representatives were such in number that they could force a vote or force a Bill out of Committee... what ever happened to that notion?:shrug:

Flame away...

Lone_Voice_Resize.jpg

Mr H

Banana'd
    Of course, the flip to this is if everyone who was pro gun, pro freedom, etc. would go ahead and leave the state, we could tip the scales to prop other other states that are more evenly spit than MD. Let the parasites keep MD and shore up the states we can keep. Might be a decent national strategy to look at.

I'd much rather bring my home state back to America, than to allow it to become some pariah and source of an anti-Constitutional cancer.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'd much rather bring my home state back to America, than to allow it to become some pariah and source of an anti-Constitutional cancer.

I'm not saying we are there yet, but at some point in a battle some ground becomes lost and a tactical retreat is necessary to win the war. MD is a battle, the whole country is the war. When do you call no mas?

abevet101

Nov 22, 2013
    Lusby, MD
    People act as if we owe something to this state that constantly tells us to go p!ss up a bent rope with regard to gun rights. I am loyal to my family, not this state.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

how many states were shall issue 30 years ago? how many today? freedom is spreading. America is nice, I visit weekly!!!

as soon as central md gets there reps straight then md has a chance. when will that be??? I truly hope its sooner than later. the problem is I see central md spreading into southern md everyday. and its a shame what they are doing to it. soon we wont be able to keep our reps straight since central md is moving here. no matter how we vote or how many times we visit assapolis or our reps. its a shame whats happening.

and if and when I move I will be moving my son and my dad with me. the rest of the family are on their own. when that happens yall have fun up here.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm not saying we are there yet, but at some point in a battle some ground becomes lost and a tactical retreat is necessary to win the war. MD is a battle, the whole country is the war. When do you call no mas?

Charlton Heston:

"So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju4Gla2odw

abevet101

Nov 22, 2013
    Lusby, MD
    the problem is I see central md spreading into southern md everyday. and its a shame what they are doing to it. soon we wont be able to keep our reps straight since central md is moving here. no matter how we vote or how many times we visit assapolis or our reps. its a shame whats happening.

^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^

When I say I will leave if the gun issues here aren't fixed, I mean in 25 years when I retire. I think 25 more years of donating and speaking to representatives is enough before I "give up" on this state and leave.

Mr H

Banana'd

Good point, and well taken.

I don't have an answer right now, but I see the country as a whole making victories right now, and we're seeing very few losses in comparison (though some seem significant).

Even in MD, we have some positive signs. The election contained many small ones, and this GA session IMO is somewhat better than a draw (because, sometimes, it's the things you don't see/hear that speak the loudest once you do the math).

I am so proud of how this community (and its spread into the .orgs, though that needs to get bigger) has made itself known in Analpolis, and has managed to put the fear into the power structure, in combination with the general electorate being fed up with the chicanery.

Sure there's more we all can do. There always is. But, we done good so far. Keep up the pressure, and let the Critters know we will not be backing off.

Mr H

Banana'd
    how many states were shall issue 30 years ago? how many today? freedom is spreading. America is nice, I visit weekly!!!

as soon as central md gets there reps straight then md has a chance. when will that be???

This is a key point.

We have Bodymore, HoCo, MoCo, and Peegee... we know this.

But...

A linchpin in all this is District 32, in AACo. It is the only problematic district in the county, and we came SO close this year to breaking the stranglehold, with MDS member EODTim beating the incumbents in their own home precincts (but just missing overall).

If D32 can be pressured to fall, it changes the overall dynamic, IMO.

Plus, we saw House Speaker Mike Busch in trouble in his own district, it's further proof that people are no longer willing to stay on the same [party] line.

We need a vehicle to keep the conversation going among the general population, and not just the 2A community. If that happens, the straw house goes down hard, and we can look to the stick house next.

abevet101

Nov 22, 2013
    Lusby, MD
    I am so proud of how this community (and its spread into the .orgs, though that needs to get bigger) has made itself known in Analpolis, and has managed to put the fear into the power structure, in combination with the general electorate being fed up with the chicanery.

Sure there's more we all can do. There always is. But, we done good so far. Keep up the pressure, and let the Critters know we will not be backing off.

I think it's also helpful for everyone to remember we are all in this together and want basically the same things. It's not constructive to turn on each other. Not saying it has happened here but there are the folks that say "you're not pro-2A enough" because there are slight disagreements. We all want the same end-state.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

as soon as central md gets there reps straight then md has a chance. when will that be??? I truly hope its sooner than later. the problem is I see central md spreading into southern md everyday. and its a shame what they are doing to it. soon we wont be able to keep our reps straight since central md is moving here. no matter how we vote or how many times we visit assapolis or our reps. its a shame whats happening.

and if and when I move I will be moving my son and my dad with me. the rest of the family are on their own. when that happens yall have fun up here.

Exactly. Shall issue has boomed across free America. Maryland is a sad wretched anomaly and satellite of DC. When Illinois went from nada to shall issue, and Maryland just stands still.. put a fork in it.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

You need to reread my post before you go highlighting it.
    I cannot vote out somebody who is not in my district! Those assholes could give two shits less what anybody from western Maryland, southern Maryland or the eastern shore think.
    From what your location is showing, Bowie, it seems that you might have a few of the problems in your district, how'd the last election go for you, did you get them voted out of office??. A little harder than you think isn't it' and you've got the power to get the dead beats out of there, let me know when you get them out of your area, don't worry I won't hold my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom