• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Can you please explain this part of the bill? "repealing the prohibition on the possession or use of specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission of a crime of violence"

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Thank you very much Del. Grammer. Like everyone else I am happy to see this. However, I would liked to have seen the part of the law regarding magazine capacity either eliminated or amended so standard capacity 30-round mags would be legal in Maryland again.

Small steps...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you Delegate, I will be in touch soon.

To those that want "more", let's work to reset the clock, and then work from there. Working on the overall repeal of a lot of these laws, in a bill designed to rest the laws to a certain point, only makes the process overly messy and only deletes the argument for resetting the laws and statutes that this bill calls for.

Let's work with the Sponsors to get this bill passed, and then work with them further on additional bills to get the individual parts, laws and regulations, rewritten or even repealed to support the 2A.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Thank you Delegate Grammer. I dare say that you have the support of just about everyone on MDS.

My only question to you is whether this bill seeks to repeal all of SB281 or only portions of it? I'm not a lawyer, so I could not figure out the answer to this question even after reading the bill!

Thanks for your help.

Cal68

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I too appreciate your efforts Delegate. However, I am curious why you didn't go for broke and eliminate the good and substantial requirement. I don't think doing so would increase or decrease the likelihood the bill would be acted upon favorably by the Democratically dominated anti legislature, so the benefit is keeping the issues up for public discussion and open debate.. Again, your sponsorship is much appreciated.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Can you please explain this part of the bill? "repealing the prohibition on the possession or use of specified firearm ammunition during and in relation to the commission of a crime of violence"

sb281 made it illegal to use certain ammo, like ap in a crime. double illegal.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Thank you, glad to see 2 of the 3 St.Mary's County Reps are co-sponsors. Guess we need to work on the 3rd one Tony O'Donnell and get him on board.

For those of you already nit-picking, all you are reading is the summary in the link. Click on the "Documents" tab then the "Text" it's 45 pages long.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Good work! It's probably a long shot, but someone has to try. A good start for representing D6.

Also, Eastern Tech Class of '98:party29:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I too appreciate your efforts Delegate. However, I am curious why you didn't go for broke and eliminate the good and substantial requirement. I don't think doing so would increase or decrease the likelihood the bill would be acted upon favorably by the Democratically dominated anti legislature, so the benefit is keeping the issues up for public discussion and open debate.. Again, your sponsorship is much appreciated.

There is already a bill submitted for that (SB100?? I'll need to check).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom