• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    But denying any future business when he is legal is BS. People make mistakes and things get corrected, no need for a lifetime ban. I'd also like to know who. They could hold it and if he paid in full they would be out nothing. If it turns out that he can't own it in a month then collect the restocking fee and refund the rest.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Holding an FFL and the MD Firearms sales licenses is hard; selling to someone who is prohibited or even MIGHT be but shouldn't be can get a FFL in big trouble and have MD jerk their license, which would probably trigger a an ATF investigation.

Its completely within the dealer's best interest to just say no. I hold the dealer to no fault.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Riddle me this..

Mdsp form 77 require hql?

Read on ...

Not for a receiver because it's not a handgun

READ on ...

Also HQL isn't required for C&R handguns, but 77r still applies.

This^^ completes lx1x's question.

We are going to shun a shop for not wanting to do work with someone who might have committed perjury on one of their forms and has possibly implicated them in any criminal investigation that might take place?

Really?

The form and question is pretty clear....I can't say I'd want to do business as a FFL with someone who just potentially put my business and one of my employee's in a position to loss several days of work in court.

I could see if he came back DELAYED and they were being a tool about it...he's PROHIBITED at the time of the purchase for crying out loud.

Let us tar and feather whatever shop didn't want to do business with a prohibited person. I'll kill the chickens you get the tar.

Does the shop even know WHY you were denied? Does MSP tell them? If not the stance that some took in this thread is even more asinine.

It certainly sucks to be the OP ( and extend hopes that he slides by on any charges ). But I don't see where the FFL is severely mistreating him. The OP might well be a good guy momentarily cought up with brain fade, but from a dealer's viewpoint it is not unreasonable to be seen as walking and quacking.

Holding an FFL and the MD Firearms sales licenses is hard; selling to someone who is prohibited or even MIGHT be but shouldn't be can get a FFL in big trouble and have MD jerk their license, which would probably trigger a an ATF investigation.

Its completely within the dealer's best interest to just say no. I hold the dealer to no fault.

From a dealer's perspective, I have to more so favor the last three quoted posts than not if the person was rightfully disapproved.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That is not an accurate description of what has happened.

He was disapproved. The shop did not sell to him.

Soon he will be not disapproved. The shop still will not sell to him.

If future sales to a person disapproved in the past is a law or regulation, that is one thing. If it is a company policy, that is another.

It most certainly is accurate.

A crime occurred when signed the forms that he answered them honestly and truthfully.

If the state decides to go after criminal charges the shop and employee are in a position to lose several days of business.

The OP committed a crime at a FFL and folks are upset that the FFL doesn't want the guys business in a few months when he may (and very likely unbeknown to the shop) might not be prohibited.

Let me put it this way...as a FFL once I know you are prohibited I don't want you in my SHOP. I could care less if in 10 months you are not prohibited.

It's a business and they aren't there to lose money or their ability to sell things.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There will be no hate phone calls, we just want to know.

Because the gun community by and large hasn't been overly aggressive, threatening, and harassing before right?

I'm sure Engage would debate if the community (not this site in particular) are going to make hate phone calls if you upset them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom