• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaunerKrieger

Mar 9, 2013
    Glen Burnie Maryland
    I have a Remington 700P sniper rifle that I would like to get a can for. I am new to the market on NFA/ Class 3 however Im between the SRT Shadow XL & the AAC Cyclone. Does anybody have experience with these; one better then the other? My main concerns is quality, POI, price, and db ratings for both Supersonic and subsonic.

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Sorry man, no experience with either of these two cans. However, I am running a Surefire FA762K-BK .30 cal can and it is very impressive. These days, the quality is so high among the various manufacturers that it is hard to go wrong regardless of your choice. Let us know what you end up with.

Chris

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I have a Remington 700P sniper rifle that I would like to get a can for. I am new to the market on NFA/ Class 3 however Im between the SRT Shadow XL & the AAC Cyclone. Does anybody have experience with these; one better then the other? My main concerns is quality, POI, price, and db ratings for both Supersonic and subsonic.

Interesting 1st Post go introduce yourself here..http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I like my AAC SDN-6. The only drawback is they require a proprietary mount. Works on my 5.56 very well also.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    My buddy was shooting his cyclone at 1k our last trip to Mifflin. Great DB reduction and tightened up his group a bit. I'm personally 5 months in on a 762SDN6 so I can swap it between my maten build and a 300blk build while having a muzzle brake on both when I don't want to run suppressed.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    7.62 suppressor

I really like my YHM SS Phantom QD. It is pretty quiet, about 32 db range, it is air rifle quiet with 300blk. It is all stainless steel construction, with an Inconel blast chamber. It uses propritary flashhiders that are realitively cheap as those go, and even came with one for 5/8x 24.

I can use it on about 7 different host rifles, including my AR 15 on my .223 upper or the 300BLk upper. it is not really any less quiet on .223 either.

Only real drawback is it is heavy at 23ounces, but that is because it is built like a tank! It is rated up to 300 Win Mag, or and is full auto rated pretty well too, there is a video on the YHM website of one on the end of a PKM machinegun! If you don't like the weight, YHM also offers this same can in Titanium, with a weight of 13 ounces.

The cost was ~$650 + the $200 tax stamp and I was out the door at under $900.

Definatly a good bang for the buck.

Chris Rummel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom