• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Anyone dealt with them before? My Mazda 3's motor blew last night (piston through the block) and I had it towed there. I have a Ford Extended Service Plan on it so cross fingers they cover it. No, I was not racing it or over revving it and yes, I change the oil and check regularly.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Back a few years a go I had Mazda 6 with a bad oil leak. The car had 10,000 miles on it. Took them 5 times to fix it. Haven't been back since..
    Things might have change since then. Good Luck.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    sounds like timing belt issue..

but ford warranty for a mazda??

Bought second hand at Ford in Sterling. Ford did own a lot of Mazda back in the day though ... Remember the B2000 was just a Ranger, the Mazda Navajo was an Explorer, so on ....

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I bought from Fitzgerald Subaru in Wheaton, and I had a pleasurable experience. I can only imagine the other Fitzgerald establishments will be to the same standard.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    All of my dealings with them have been GREAT. I have bought two cars (2012 Camaro, and Mazda 3 SkyActive) from them, and they have always treated me great. My Brother just recently bought a used car from them, and although there were some issues with the vehicle, they fixed him up great. Maybe a little high for service, but not too bad honestly.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I bought a new Mazdaspeed 3 from Fitzgeralds in Frederick in 2007. At 78,000 miles it suffered an engine malfunction out of nowhere. Only mod was a Mazdaspeed CAI. I did not have any kind of extended warranty. I was out of state at the time going to a shooting event. Engine had to be replaced and Mazda was not willing to eat any of it as some kind of possible defect. Spent $6k of my own money having Mazda put one of their new crate motors in it (2010 motor). If I did not love the car so much I might not have done it. But now it has 113,000 on it with more mods and it runs fine with close to 300 HP at the wheels.
    As long as you have records on oil changes and scheduled maintenance you should be OK.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I bought from Fitzgerald Subaru in Wheaton, and I had a pleasurable experience. I can only imagine the other Fitzgerald establishments will be to the same standard.

I will never use them again! They sold me a used car about 5 years ago and lied to me about the financing. I had a loan lined up at 3%. Great deal at the time. They said that they could match it. All of the paperwork said 3% on it. They also said that they would make the first payment for me.
    as it turned out they never made the first payment. a month after I had the car they called me up and demanded I pay them for the first month! when I finally got my statement and payment schedule I noticed that the balance owed on the loan had gone up each month. I did not understand, as I had made my payments on time. They switch the interest to 12% and then opened a credit card in my name to pay the loan with. I was being charged 12% for the loan and 29% on the card! I got out of the loan all together when I got a lawyer involved. It was a great truck though.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    The Ford Extended Plan we got on it is denying the claim. They are saying the oil filter was installed incorrectly and led directly to the engine problem. I really can't believe it. I've been using the same oil filter type since buying the car a little over 20k miles ago. I am waiting on a call from the manager of the adjusters. Wish me luck?

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    I bought a new Mazdaspeed 3 from Fitzgeralds in Frederick in 2007. At 78,000 miles it suffered an engine malfunction out of nowhere. Only mod was a Mazdaspeed CAI. I did not have any kind of extended warranty. I was out of state at the time going to a shooting event. Engine had to be replaced and Mazda was not willing to eat any of it as some kind of possible defect. Spent $6k of my own money having Mazda put one of their new crate motors in it (2010 motor). If I did not love the car so much I might not have done it. But now it has 113,000 on it with more mods and it runs fine with close to 300 HP at the wheels.
    As long as you have records on oil changes and scheduled maintenance you should be OK.

I second that. I have a 2010 speed3 tune and a few other fun goodies and it runs like a charm.

William
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom