• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey you cut in line! :nono: I just got 2 F1's back and they were pending for about 6 months.

I have no idea my friend.

No cheating. Putting first class stamp on the form and siging it "one of those NFA branch Inspectors, no really this is their signature" does not count.

Who did you bribe to get to the begining of the line? I would suspect rsideout has had some much stuff through the Dana would just see his name and automatically give him a stamp. Guess not. :lol2:

Im assuming it was just some error that I benefited from. I dont think there is any method to my particular approvals madness.

Nah, that's about right for dealers

Im not a Dealer.

It was a Form 1 for my Trust sent personally. This SBR has nothing to do with Scotts.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Then somehow you got jumped in line :mad54:

Not intentionally on my part, well unless Dana knows me. I am a special guy you know. LOL

A guy came in Scotts about a week ago and had a Form 1 approved in 3 weeks. He showed me the peperwork and priority mail receipt too.

Theres no method to the madness.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Not intentionally on my part, well unless Dana knows me. I am a special guy you know. LOL

A guy came in Scotts about a week ago and had a Form 1 approved in 3 weeks. He showed me the peperwork and priority mail receipt too.

Theres no method to the madness.

thats nuts but awesome for him and yours too. :thumbsup:

I'm waiting on a form 4 and form 2...will probably send out for 2 more stamps before I get anything back. Sent out for a suppressor in jan and was hoping to have it by the end of may for my birthday but that doesn't look promising haha.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I would suspect rsideout has had so much stuff through that Dana would just see his name and automatically give him a stamp. Guess not. :lol2:

Wish it worked that way. I did talk with Dana last week about an issue with my 2 recent F1's. After resolving the issue, I mentioned that I had 8 items in with him now. He chuckled and said wow, really? So hopefully name recognition WILL help with my next 6 pending items. :fingerscrossed:

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    I sent a Form 1 and Form 4 in the same envelope. Checks got cashed the same day and they both went pending the same day. The Form 1 was approved over a month before the Form 4. Go figure.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Alright, I'm filing the paperwork for that 9mm SBR this week. The way the wait is now, there's not a bad chance I won't see it approved until next year anyways. *sigh*

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I hit 6mos wait in acouple days. I feel Dana could send out stamps faster if people would leave him alone....:D

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I hit 6mos wait in acouple days. I feel Dana could send out stamps faster if people would leave him alone....:D

This is the most accurate thing I have read in this thread. I have done several NFA Stamps and not once have I contacted my NFA Examiner.

Every phone call pulls examiners AWAY from the work they have to do. I would bet that is people left the Examiners alone the wait time would be cut in half.

If I was in charge of the NFA Branch every phone call to an NA Examiner would reset the wait.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    This is the most accurate thing I have read in this thread. I have done several NFA Stamps and not once have I contacted my NFA Examiner.

Every phone call pulls examiners AWAY from the work they have to do. I would bet that is people left the Examiners alone the wait time would be cut in half.

If I was in charge of the NFA Branch every phone call to an NA Examiner would reset the wait.

That's kinda how I feel. I'll get it when i get it.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have called a couple of times to check on stamps in the past. I have never talked directly to any examiner, that I know of. I always get some nice lady willing to look up my info and that is it. I dont even know how to get ahold of my examiner directly if I was so inclined.

I am not a doctro and have NO patients (joke there). So why did I get into the NFA arena? Blame rsideout, he is a bad influence on me. BTW I am putting in for a 10/22 Intergral suppressed barrel and an OSprey 45 soon as well as two more SBRs.

rsideout - As for name recognition one would think with all your Form 1s and 4s you would not need to drop your name to Dana. He should know it off the top of his head. :D

Dave

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Sent in three Form 4's this weekend... my first three. Now the waiting game begins.

:D

:o

:innocent0

:sad20:

:mad54:

Damn it!!! This really sucks.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Sent in three Form 4's this weekend... my first three. Now the waiting game begins.

:D

:o

:innocent0

:sad20:

:mad54:

Damn it!!! This really sucks.

You have no idea. Just wait until some time goes by and then you realize you still have months to go. It sucks!:mad54:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The second worst part is realizing you've spent several grand this month and have absolutely no working guns to show for it... just a bunch of IOUs and engraved receivers.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    The second worst part is realizing you've spent several grand this month and have absolutely no working guns to show for it... just a bunch of IOUs and engraved receivers.

The third worst part is that during the waiting period youre still buying accessories or build parts for it that will end up just sitting there for months until you get your stamp back. They constantly remind you of the long wait ahead.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

If you call to check on your status, you DO NOT speak with one of the actual reviewers. There are a couple of people there who just answer those calls. But I agree with you that I would not bother an actual reviewer with a simple status check call.

However, there are times when you might have to talk with your reviewer. I have about 25 approved stamps and have spoken with reviewers on 2 occasions. One call was related to an error letter from the reviewer and the other for a lingering "problem status" with a review. In both cases, after talking with the reviewer, the issue was resolved in under 3 minutes and the stamp ultimately issued. The one review with the "problem status" stayed that way for over 5 weeks. The lady answering the phones suggested that I talk with the reviewer. She put me through to him and 3 minutes later, my stamp was approved. As a side bonus, my next 2 stamps with that same reviewer were approved in 12 and 9 days from pending. :D

sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    I can't just "forget about it" with these cans, cause when I forget about it, I start thinking about other things and then I start thinking about new NFA ideas. It is a brutal cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom