• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Unfortunately, no place is safe anymore - - especially in Maryland which has become a "Gun Free Zone", thanks to the liberals, with lots of unarmed female victims. This woman was fortunate to have had a friend with her who helped fight off the attacker. Sadly, we can be sure this criminal won't stop looking for another unarmed victim.

Didn't Gov. MOM tells us that the new gun laws would help protect the citizens of Maryland?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Walkersville was nice, except when Discovery had the Section 8. During that time Walkersville went downhill. Once the Section 8 left Discovery, Walkersville rebounded and became a great community.

With the expansion along 26, 194, and Monocacy Blvd., it brought in a lot of good and a lot of bad. Keep in mind that Walkersville doesn't have its own PD, dedicated to town policing.

It was only a matter of time before this happened.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Walkersville was nice, except when Discovery had the Section 8. During that time Walkersville went downhill. Once the Section 8 left Discovery, Walkersville rebounded and became a great community.

With the expansion along 26, 194, and Monocacy Blvd., it brought in a lot of good and a lot of bad. Keep in mind that Walkersville doesn't have its own PD, dedicated to town policing.

It was only a matter of time before this happened.

Since when did Section 8 leave? AFAIK, it's still an area filled with sh!#bags.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    She clearly didn't respect the town. This isn't Joggersville, it's Walkersville.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Since when did Section 8 leave? AFAIK, it's still an area filled with sh!#bags.

Most (85-90%) left between 2004 and 2008. The owners of the properties no longer wanted to rent to Section 8, due to the damage, disrespect, and dragging the community down. They let the lease agreements expire or notified the government they wanted to sell the properties, and in fact did sell the properties.

The sh!#bags you speak of are lower income families that bought houses when the property prices were depressed due to all the Section 8 destruction of the neighborhood. Those people are still there, but aren't able to cause too much trouble these days due to FCSO doing more regular patrolling of Discovery. They are also unable to make property tax payments so the County is able to seize and sell the properties at auction. That is what was cleaning up Discovery for the longest time.

All they had to do was deal with the Section 8 and then deal with the narcotics issues, before the other elements would leave for greener pastures.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    My sister bought one of the homes in discovery about 10 yrs ago and yes it was bad back then. The past few years it has cleaned up some and is improving. She or any of her neighbors have ever had a problem in the single family homes behind the townhouses to my knowledge and they really keep an eye on their neighborhood.Hopefully this assault over the weekend is a isolated incident and doesn't become the norm.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    We lived in the Colony Village neighborhood in Walkersville from 1989 until 1996 when we moved to the east side of town just outside Frederick city. At that time I think I remember that the park where this incident happened wasn't widely used, and seemed rather isolated even though it was in the middle of several neighborhoods. So I'm not terribly surprised that this happened, but jogging with a friend is a good idea no matter where you run. Actually, they probably would have been safer running out at the Heritage Farm Park on Devilbiss Rd.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Most (85-90%) left between 2004 and 2008. The owners of the properties no longer wanted to rent to Section 8, due to the damage, disrespect, and dragging the community down. They let the lease agreements expire or notified the government they wanted to sell the properties, and in fact did sell the properties.

The sh!#bags you speak of are lower income families that bought houses when the property prices were depressed due to all the Section 8 destruction of the neighborhood. Those people are still there, but aren't able to cause too much trouble these days due to FCSO doing more regular patrolling of Discovery. They are also unable to make property tax payments so the County is able to seize and sell the properties at auction. That is what was cleaning up Discovery for the longest time.

All they had to do was deal with the Section 8 and then deal with the narcotics issues, before the other elements would leave for greener pastures.

I know next to nothing about section 8, can the owner even withdraw from the program?

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    Is this out by that Kings Pizza or whatever? I went there once to pick up some food and there were a number of hooligans smoking the devils lettuce right in front of the store.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    That section of Walkersville has been a not so nice area as long as I've lived in Frederick County. Even out where I am in Johnsville, I've had stuff stolen from right my driveway, just a couple weeks ago about $500 worth of lumber for the garage I'm building. There are low life people where ever you go anymore.

Mr H

Banana'd
    My sister bought one of the homes in discovery about 10 yrs ago and yes it was bad back then. The past few years it has cleaned up some and is improving. She or any of her neighbors have ever had a problem in the single family homes behind the townhouses to my knowledge and they really keep an eye on their neighborhood.Hopefully this assault over the weekend is a isolated incident and doesn't become the norm.

My DIL lived in Discovery as recently as 2 years ago.

It was still a scary place then... ESPECIALLY knowing my grandkids were there.

dakota

USMC
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2012
    Washington County
    What is "Discovery"?

A development in walkerville right behind the kings pizza and across from the Sheetz on 194.

I am surprised it happened at that park. It connects to the back side of walkerville high school. It is kind of secluded even though it is surrounded by developments and schools.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    A development in walkerville right behind the kings pizza and across from the Sheetz on 194.

I am surprised it happened at that park. It connects to the back side of walkerville high school. It is kind of secluded even though it is surrounded by developments and schools.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom