• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I'm ready to mail 2 sets of form 1's for 2 SBR'S. My question is do I mail in a copy(or 2 copies?) of my trust with each set of form 1's? If so, in its entirety or certain pages? My original trust is notarized but the notary does not show in the copies I made. Do the copies need to show the notary seal?

I have my form 1's completed correctly as far as I can tell along with a check for each SBR. I'll be mailing the 2 SBR's separately with delivery confirmation. I'm just not clear on the mailing/copies of the trust.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I send in one complete copy of my trust with each form 1 (that is to say, each "form 1 packet" has one copy of the trust, two signed copies of the form 1, and one check for $200).

I have half a dozen SBRs, so clearly that works for me. :)

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Is the notary seal visible on your trust copies? The seal doesn't show on the copies I made and I don't know if that is something I need to get fixed.

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I'm ready to mail 2 sets of form 1's for 2 SBR'S. My question is do I mail in a copy(or 2 copies?) of my trust with each set of form 1's? If so, in its entirety or certain pages? My original trust is notarized but the notary does not show in the copies I made. Do the copies need to show the notary seal?

I have my form 1's completed correctly as far as I can tell along with a check for each SBR. I'll be mailing the 2 SBR's separately with delivery confirmation. I'm just not clear on the mailing/copies of the trust.

You will need to get a bank or purchase an ink pad and ever so slightly go over top the raised imprint of the seal with the ink this will make it so the raised imprint is visible... Instead of just being a raised seal the color of the paper it now will be a raised seal that is the color black now copy machines can see it :)

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Ah for Christ sake... just use a number 2 pencil and lightly go over the seal. That's what I did and it looks fine.

This is what I usually put in my packet:
    (2) Copies of Trust w/Schedule A.
    (2) Copies of completed Form 1.
    (2) Copies of completed citizenship verification forms.
    (1) $200 check made out to the DOJ, as stated on the Form 1.
    (1) Cover sheet explaining the packet and what defines a trust.

Never had a problem. Notice the bottom portion of my signature... I'm on page two of my Trust's Schedule A ;)

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Ah for Christ sake... just use a number 2 pencil and lightly go over the seal. That's what I did and it looks fine.

This is what I usually put in my packet:
    (2) Copies of Trust w/Schedule A.
    (2) Copies of completed Form 1.
    (2) Copies of completed citizenship verification forms.
    (1) $200 check made out to the DOJ, as stated on the Form 1.
    (1) Cover sheet explaining the packet and what defines a trust.

Never had a problem. Notice the bottom portion of my signature... I'm on page two of my Trust's Schedule A ;)

Ok or this^^^ lol i just happen to have an ink pad :p

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    My Notary uses a stamp, not a seal.

If you have a stamped form that needs to be copied, play with the settings on the copier/scanner. You can get the seal to show up. Try "photo mode" or manual adjust the contrast settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom