• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Engage Armament is hosting the Haley Strategic Partners
    Disruptive Environments: Handgun Darkness Vehicle on August 15-17 at our range in Thurmont, MD. If you want information on what the course consists of you can find it here.

http://haleystrategic.com/downloads/D3_handgun_darkness.pdf

If you meet all the requirements and are interested in signing up please email me at AJ@engagearmament.com

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Dang, I already signed up for a class in North Carolina in September. Maybe next year if you guys host another one.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    We will try but I will see. I have taken a Disruptive Environments course in the past and I must say that I have been to a lot of training and this was definitely the best. You definitely get your monies worth and then some! Highly recommend because I would not host them if I did not think so!

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Sounds like an awesome course! Wish I new if I am/could be off those days, would love to get in on this...

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    We will try but I will see. I have taken a Disruptive Environments course in the past and I must say that I have been to a lot of training and this was definitely the best. You definitely get your monies worth and then some! Highly recommend because I would not host them if I did not think so!

I so want to go but the class I signed up for in Sepctember is the Costa Ludus HE02 class and I spoke with Chris about it when I took his CE02 class last year and after speaking with him about it not taking it is out fo the question. :D

Haley is top notch for sure, I took his Carbine and Handgun 1 classes last year and they were awesome!

Maybe I can scrounge enough together to take this class too (bec I REALLY want to!) but the show stopper for me is finding ammo! I am nervous about finding enough ammo for the Costa class in September and I really don’t want to pay $400+ per 1k of 9mm when I was finding 1k of 9mm for $210 any day of the week last year. . .

If Engage could help out with ammo for the class then I will break the 'no shopping at work' rule and pull out the charge card right here and now in my cubicle and sign up! :)

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Maybe I can scrounge enough together to take this class too (bec I REALLY want to!) but the show stopper for me is finding ammo! I am nervous about finding enough ammo for the Costa class in September and I really don’t want to pay $400+ per 1k of 9mm when I was finding 1k of 9mm for $210 any day of the week last year. . .

This is where I am on it too. Add the cost of ~1500 rounds of 45acp and all of a sudden this is a $2K class.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    This is where I am on it too. Add the cost of ~1500 rounds of 45acp and all of a sudden this is a $2K class.

A decent price would be nice but I cant even find any to begin with, unless I want to buy 3-5 boxes at a time and pay out the nose for shipping at some online shop. For example I found some 9mm in stock online this morning but for 5 boxes (the max you could buy) they wanted the same shipping cost as what I was paying for 20 boxes from the same place a couple months ago :mad54:

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    A decent price would be nice but I cant even find any to begin with, unless I want to buy 3-5 boxes at a time and pay out the nose for shipping at some online shop. For example I found some 9mm in stock online this morning but for 5 boxes (the max you could buy) they wanted the same shipping cost as what I was paying for 20 boxes from the same place a couple months ago :mad54:

I feel you. I have plenty in the stockpile but no guarantee I can replace it at a later date. Use this tool to keep your eye out if you haven't seen it before. Most don't include shipping but anything posted from ammoman is shipping included.

http://gunbot.net/index.php?cal=9mm

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I feel you. I have plenty in the stockpile but no guarantee I can replace it at a later date. Use this tool to keep your eye out if you haven't seen it before. Most don't include shipping but anything posted from ammoman is shipping included.

http://gunbot.net/index.php?cal=9mm

Love that site. But I did the "spend a couple hours surfing the net and signing up for email notifications" thing last week. Got 1k of 9mm from freedom munitions an hour ago (typed in for 3k lol but got denied :lol2:). . .they sold out in 15 min. I was lucky to check my email 1 min after they sent it!

Back on topic. If anyone is on the fence about this class and has the ammo, TAKE THE CLASS. Haley is a class act and this is the FIRST traveling instructor I have seen visit Maryland since I started looking for and taking classes. The only other place that is within reasonable driving distance that I have seen previously is in NC. With the class in MD I wouldnt even need a hotel which is a huge savings (at the very most 2 nights), I would drive the hour and half each day or see if I could couch surf with someone I met at the class. Don’t pass up the chance to go to a class within driving distance.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Friend of mine is LEO and was in this class the last 3 days. Sent me a pic of himself with Travis Haley and said its the best class he has taken, and he has trained with Magpul, Costa, Falla, and Paul Howe.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Friend of mine is LEO and was in this class the last 3 days. Sent me a pic of himself with Travis Haley and said its the best class he has taken, and he has trained with Magpul, Costa, Falla, and Paul Howe.

This makes me want more info & images...

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I was in this class. It was a great course. In my opinion, it was expensive, but it was well worth it.

If Haley or Engage gives the class again (reasonably close to Maryland), I intend to take it. It's rare that you get to shoot at night using various low light techniques, under cars, out of cars, through cars, etc. We also shot as 2 man teams with lots of movement.

Travis Haley was a great instructor. I had high expectations of this class and they were met.

As one of the course descriptions said, this was definitely not a beginner's course. The skill level (and experience) of the students was extremely high. It was ridiculous. I've taken other courses, and the skill level of the students in this was much higher than any I have seen before. A few other students said the same thing.

Thank you Engage Armament for putting this together and hosting this at your range.

7A38

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Someone posted an after action report with a few pictures here:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-Handgun-Vehicle-Darkness-Class-Observations

7A38

For those who are interested, someone just posted a second set of pictures in the pistol-forum.com thread linked above.

Edited to add: In that same thread, now there are links to the Haley Strategic Facebook page and Tumblr page. Lots of pictures for those who are interested.

I also want to specifically thank AJ from Engage. He was one of the instructors and did a great job. I feel stupid for forgetting about how much he helped us until these pictures reminded me.

7A38

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom