• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    What sights and/or optics did you install. Any more pics?

The only thing I have on had was a cheap nc star that I got in trade. Trying to decide what to put on for the long haul. I already have a couple eotech with g33 and trijicons. Just hate to take them off a gun that is already sighted in. With better optics, on a warmer day. and higher grade ammo I'm thinking I could get 1 inch or less at 100 yards.

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Is anybody having problems with their ARAK? Here is my problem. This past weekend a group of us go to Elk Neck to shoot the new ARAK. We are shooting PMC 5.56 in factory new aluminum mags. The first 200 go through without a problem. We sight it in using a Vortex Sparc which works very nicely. Then we start to have problem with it feeding and ejecting. We move the gas setting up to the largest hole and things seem to work again. Now we have about 500 rounds through a new gun and then rounds start to not feed again, we start getting bent necks/bullets. We decide to clean it and find brass shaving all over the inside. The rear of the ejection port is dented. The aluminum is smashed back where the empty casing hits it. The same mags functioned flawlessly through a Tavor and Colt SP-1. We have contacted Faxon and have not gotten any response. Just curious how everyone else's ARAKs are working.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I had some problems with my tavor imi mags with the bend dispensing bend casings. I then switched to pmag and went through about 150 rounds with no problems. We have classes tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday and will try other mags we have around and see if that is an issue. If you notice the tavor mag has a slightly different ramp contour than the pmag and I thought that might be the problem. . Please pm me if you continue to have a problem and I will let you know as well. I did like the function of the weapon as a whole.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Round 2 at the range. used federal 193 5.56 this time and several other mags and it had no problems but couldn't get much better with accuracy. The upper does not mount well with my lower. At the range I noticed that you can rock the upper more than any ar upper I've put on my lowers. I can back and tried the aark upper on several of my ar lower with the same result. I then call Falcon Firearms and they were well aware of the problem and told me to use accu wedges in it. They gave me some dogma about milspec not working with their uppers and their upper would be much better. Well I thought that this was supposed to be mil-spec. They told me that they are building their own lower in the future but of course with sb281 we won't be able to get them. I believe that my accuracy issue may be because of the wobble problem between the upper and lower.

Pastryslayer

Feb 4, 2014
    Mine has allegedly been delivered, but I left for vacation before it got here. I won't get it until Sunday.

Burnout, any updates?

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Put the accu wedge in and went to the range on friday. Shooting at metal at 100 yard and with the scope really dialed in the gun preformed very well. Well within 1 inch groupings. With over 300 rounds through it I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing is that this is a heavy gun compared to a lot of ars more in line with my galil so if you do not like holding heavy objects this might not be your thing. The firearm is well constructed and I love the action.,

Pastryslayer

Feb 4, 2014
    Just got back from vacation and found mine waiting for me. Looks really good on the seekins lower. Very little play, most of it actually side to side. Hmm.

Just gotta find a place to shoot it now...pics forthcoming.

Pastryslayer

Feb 4, 2014
    Finally got out to the range last weekend. The two ranges I usually can shoot rifles at were closed (one for lead testing/mitigation and one because somebody used tracer rounds indoors and burnt it down. Sheesh). Found one up north that just opened and off I went.

I shot 105 rounds and let a curious onlooker shoot about 10 more. Zero malfunctions, issues, or problems. I did note the magazine had to be seated pretty firmly if the bolt was forward, but that's it. No brass shavings, loose parts, or anything else that has been reported by others. I noticed no heat until I touched it forward of the rails after heavy shooting.

Accuracy wise I would say it's about up to mil standard. Three aimed rounds with the eotech produced a group bigger than a nickle but smaller than a quarter at 25 yards. To be fair the eotech is old and may be failing. I was more impressed with it's off-hand capabilities. Snapping the rifle up from low ready and shooting on aquisition left a one-magazine sized group about the size of a baseball...and I'm not especially good at it. I'd really like to see how it does with a short barrel once the SBR stamp comes. Recoil is negligible.

She is a little heavy, but some of that is my configuration. I'll post a photo when I can. Looking at the components as I cleaned it, and where the carbon was (and wasn't) it was kind of funny...it really is a cross between the AK and AR.

Be prepared for lots of attention. If bystanders know ARs, they'll know it's not standard and want to check it out. Also...the muzzle brake will not make you any friends. I knocked a neighboring target off it's hangar while the owner was running it out. They laughed about it, but the concussion to the side is pretty severe. Mine will be getting an AAC suppressor-mount flash hider.

Bottom line: I'm happy. It'll really come into it's own as a suppressed SBR I think. I spent more than needed, but for the capabilities (piston, interchangable barrels, side charging/non-reciprocating, folding stock) it's still way cheaper than a SCAR and offers things the ACR doesn't. And you can do it cheaper than I did for sure, using an existing lower, etc. the only question in my mind now is durability. Here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom