Attachments

• image003.jpg
      image003.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 226

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    BACON YESSS....but.....RIBS ALSO!!! MMMmmmmmmm that is a good size hog there. Does anyone know, out of a say.....150 lb hog, how much bacon, and how many lbs of ribs one could get???

I keep seeing all these utube video's on hog hunting, and every time I do, I get hungry!!! hahahahhaha

I think there are places in PA, but, I see that some places down in TX, there is no limit at a few spots...man this would be fun...and with epecurian delights!!

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    I had to chuckle at myself. When I saw the picture, my first thought was "How big is that?!?" ....... and your response was "870"

But, I got it straight. Congratulations.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Congratulations, and excellent choice in slugs also. I have use them exclusively for the past 20 years on deer with excellent results.

Good luck

Jerry

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    COOL stuff! What did it all cost you not including gasoline, tolls & everyday expenses??? What about butchering ect????

Wheres that bbq at again???? :drool:

Hog-$450 + Fuel for RV-$100 + Room/Board/Guides-$125 per day + $125 processing = outstanding experience. Guides per top notch particularly on the stalking outings. Daughter and I will be going again next year.

There are "cheaper" outfits around but these guys are "5 star" - Their preserve is 900+ acres with hogs, rams and deer.

What's the season and limit in SC?

Is it open season on them year around?

Don't know.

Can you offer up some details of the place?
    My son wants to go boar hunting.

http://www.boar-hunter.com/buck_and_boar_trophy_hunting.html

Great Hog! Glad to see an eastern shore boy doing good!

I'm a chicken-necker and know my place here. Moved here years ago because it is like home in Georgia. If it wasn't attached to Maryland, I'd stay 'til death -- oh wait, that is another thread! ;)

BACON YESSS....but.....RIBS ALSO!!! MMMmmmmmmm that is a good size hog there. Does anyone know, out of a say.....150 lb hog, how much bacon, and how many lbs of ribs one could get???

I keep seeing all these utube video's on hog hunting, and every time I do, I get hungry!!! hahahahhaha

I think there are places in PA, but, I see that some places down in TX, there is no limit at a few spots...man this would be fun...and with epecurian delights!!

Got 18 lbs of sausage, 5 pork roasts, 5 packs of pork chops and 1 pack of pork inner-loin. This hog was 150 lbs. Guides advised that if you're looking for good meat, go for a sow between 140-160 or a barra hog (boar castrated when young).

Where did you go? Outfitter or DIY?

http://www.boar-hunter.com/buck_and_boar_trophy_hunting.html

Here are a few more pics...................

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
      IMG_1583.JPG
      149 KB · Views: 95
    • IMG_1598.JPG
      IMG_1598.JPG
      54.3 KB · Views: 87
    • IMG_1610.JPG
      IMG_1610.JPG
      48.8 KB · Views: 88
    • IMG_1635.JPG
      IMG_1635.JPG
      56.1 KB · Views: 89
    • IMG_1630.JPG
      IMG_1630.JPG
      51.1 KB · Views: 87
    • IMG_1646.JPG
      IMG_1646.JPG
      123.2 KB · Views: 93
    • IMG_1639.JPG
      IMG_1639.JPG
      56.3 KB · Views: 90
    • IMG_1640.JPG
      IMG_1640.JPG
      46.3 KB · Views: 87
    • IMG_1626.JPG
      IMG_1626.JPG
      93.8 KB · Views: 90

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Does anyone get boars mounted anymore? I haven't heard of any of the MDS guys getting them done. I'm waiting for another taxidermist who has access to pure Russian boar capes to get back to me with one to sell me. They are a PIA to mount, but what a cool looking mount! I use artificial tusks, but could use the real ones with extra work to be sure they don't crack a few years down the line.

BTW 450.00 sounds like a good deal for a high fence hog.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Does anyone get boars mounted anymore? I haven't heard of any of the MDS guys getting them done. I'm waiting for another taxidermist who has access to pure Russian boar capes to get back to me with one to sell me. They are a PIA to mount, but what a cool looking mount! I use artificial tusks, but could use the real ones with extra work to be sure they don't crack a few years down the line.

BTW 450.00 sounds like a good deal for a high fence hog.

One of the guys in our party is getting his done as the head and hide together into a rug. The guides ask if you are getting your kill mounted before they dress it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom