• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Gun registration/licensing is exactly what makes confiscation possible.
    gungirl.jpg

"The Constitution shall never be construed... to
    prevent the people of the United States who are
    peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

"The peaceable part of mankind will be continually
    overrun by the vile and abandoned, while they neglect
    the means of self defense."
    - Thomas Paine

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at
    large is that they be properly armed."
    - Alexander Hamilton

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone
    who is able might have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - President Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being
    armed -- unlike the citizens of other countries whose
    governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    - James Madison

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective
    way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Attachments

• thinkagain.jpg
      thinkagain.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 422

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Big difference between Canada and the USA.

It's called the Second Amendment (we have it, they don't).

It's just a line on a piece of paper written by dead whitemen that deals with muskets for the National Guard it has no relevance in today's world.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Big difference between Canada and the USA.

It's called the Second Amendment (we have it, they don't).

That hasn't stopped our federal government from declaring entire classes of weapons illegal in the past, forbidding their manufacture, and creating such onerous restrictions on ownership of existing arms, that they've become virtually impossible to own. And it hasn't stopped various state and city jurisdictions from prohibiting them, outright, and making it a crime to even possess one.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's just a line on a piece of paper written by dead whitemen that deals with muskets for the National Guard it has no relevance in today's world.

That hasn't stopped our federal government from declaring entire classes of weapons illegal in the past, forbidding their manufacture, and creating such onerous restrictions on ownership of existing arms, that they've become virtually impossible to own. And it hasn't stopped various state and city jurisdictions from prohibiting them, outright, and making it a crime to even possess one.

The SCOTUS deemed RKBA as an indivual right in Heller. No Confiscations are in the foreseeable future.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    but allowed restrictions

canada isn't losing all its guns only the ones deemed prohibited.

by the current ruling as long as we are allowed to have some guns they can prohibit a lot of them and then confiscate them.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

That was one of the fears I had living in New York state. If I buy a particular gun and 6 months down the road it becomes illegal, I would have to either have to turn it in, sell it to someone out of state or it becomes a permanent safe queen never mentioning it or showing it to anyone.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    but allowed restrictions

canada isn't losing all its guns only the ones deemed prohibited.

by the current ruling as long as we are allowed to have some guns they can prohibit a lot of them and then confiscate them.

It started that way in England. First it was handguns, then all semi-automatic firearms, and finally it was all firearms.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Canada is a joke of a country. I don't want to even get started on it. Each province of Canada does more trade with the US State to its south than the rest of the 'country'.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Canada is a joke of a country. I don't want to even get started on it. Each province of Canada does more trade with the US State to its south than the rest of the 'country'.

We should annex them and demolish most of their cities. Turn it into a MASSIVE wildlife preserve. That much more hunting land for us. :)

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It started that way in England. First it was handguns, then all semi-automatic firearms, and finally it was all firearms.

Yep. Anyone just taking a simple cursory look at past and current laws can see many examples of freedoms being slowly removed from the citizenry.

The real goal here is to make these laws on a federal level, so the citizenry cannot escape there power by moving to another state.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    The SCOTUS deemed RKBA as an indivual right in Heller. No Confiscations are in the foreseeable future.
    Until one of 5 people has a heart attack or a car accident. I recall some of the smart people on our side saying that Sotomayor and Kagan didn't make a difference getting appointed, which is CATASTROPHICALLY short sighted to say the least. We need at least 6-3 if not 7-2 as insurance against something going wrong.

This election scares me and quite frankly I'm disgusted at being scared. I shouldn't have to fear government or elections. I shouldn't have to be afraid that this generation is the generation which Reagan said is the only distance between freedom becoming extinct. I don't have time for this crap, quite honestly, I just want to get on with improving my life by pursuing making more money and family stuff--but I can't just ignore this because too many people already have so the burden is on me. They get to slack off and not care and be casual gun owners ("Fudds", etc.) and they don't care whether I lose being able to buy the guns I want. I have to pile on the credit cards to buy now what I might not be able to in 5-10 years when I have more money because of those ***holes, and quite frankly it makes me very angry. I have to shell out $$$ for instructor training because they're not out doing it in sufficient numbers or we wouldn't be having this problem.

Is anyone other than me having this problem? I understand that freedom costs something, but the more the loss of freedom sucks the more the 2nd worse option, having to labor and spend to maintain it, increases in level of suckage along with it.

mlance238

Mar 30, 2011
    The comments in that article are horrifying. Specifically the ones who had their guns confiscated. Wow.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Captaincanuk posted:

"To all those trusting fools who registered their long guns....told you so! Real Canadians hide 'em!"

And so would real Americans, no doubt about it.
    History teaches that we must NEVER cooperate with gun registration or licensing.
    All it's for is to make confiscation possible.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    Until one of 5 people has a heart attack or a car accident. I recall some of the smart people on our side saying that Sotomayor and Kagan didn't make a difference getting appointed, which is CATASTROPHICALLY short sighted to say the least. We need at least 6-3 if not 7-2 as insurance against something going wrong.

This election scares me and quite frankly I'm disgusted at being scared. I shouldn't have to fear government or elections. I shouldn't have to be afraid that this generation is the generation which Reagan said is the only distance between freedom becoming extinct. I don't have time for this crap, quite honestly, I just want to get on with improving my life by pursuing making more money and family stuff--but I can't just ignore this because too many people already have so the burden is on me. They get to slack off and not care and be casual gun owners ("Fudds", etc.) and they don't care whether I lose being able to buy the guns I want. I have to pile on the credit cards to buy now what I might not be able to in 5-10 years when I have more money because of those ***holes, and quite frankly it makes me very angry. I have to shell out $$$ for instructor training because they're not out doing it in sufficient numbers or we wouldn't be having this problem.

Is anyone other than me having this problem? I understand that freedom costs something, but the more the loss of freedom sucks the more the 2nd worse option, having to labor and spend to maintain it, increases in level of suckage along with it.

If the current administration can thumb its nose at the constitution, it will only get worse if they can back it up with a couple more supreme court justices, it will only get worse. What is there to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom