• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    Sorry I don't have a smart phone and just got home. I was on lane one with two friends of mine that wanted to come. We had plenty of fun and virtually nobody next to us as the place was nearly empty. We had a little competition to see who could get the tightest groups at the end. My PS90 clone .22 got a lot of talked about attention in the background .

The ROs were superb as usual and the pistol range was a sauna so we fired off a few magazines and left.

I would have liked to meet some of you but I guess being on the opposite side of the range did not make that possible. Maybe next time for sure.
    I was at my normal lane. #10 got there at 9 left at about 1030

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was over at the pistol range and I spent more time wiping sweat out of my eyes than firing. There was only one lane open when I got there, but within half-an-hour, there was me and three others shooting.

Funny you mention sweat in the eye as one of my friends had the same problem and his safety glasses were fogging up so bad he could not see in his scope or the spotter.
    Fortunately my Revo's have an element shield coating that repels moisture but the rest of me was drenched.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I was at my normal lane. #10 got there at 9 left at about 1030

We were there until 12 before we hit the pistol range. We certainly had a great time even though it was muggy. One of our small body targets wasn't stapled down on one side by mistake and every time the wind blew it would give us a side profile. :lol2:

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    We were there until 12 before we hit the pistol range. We certainly had a great time even though it was muggy. One of our small body targets wasn't stapled down on one side by mistake and every time the wind blew it would give us a side profile. :lol2:
    wow that was a typo... 1130 is about when I left... yeah side profile lol... what lane were you guys in??

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    wow that was a typo... 1130 is about when I left... yeah side profile lol... what lane were you guys in??

We were in lane number one closest to the pistol range. If we did meet I would have wanted you to fire my 90/22 just because it was a blast to shoot especially after the trigger work done to it. It was hard to resist the 2 second rule.

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    We were in lane number one closest to the pistol range. If we did meet I would have wanted you to fire my 90/22 just because it was a blast to shoot especially after the trigger work done to it. It was hard to resist the 2 second rule.

good stuff, we were on complete opposite ends. Maybe next Sunday I did walk down to your lane at one point. Guess we might want to speak up next time :lol:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I saw Daggo66 there with his wife. decided not to introduce myself as conversation about my seemingly misuderstood post about Kelly was being discussed with another RO. Thats about all I know of, no one was actually speaking up. Oh well. Maybe Next time friend.

Clarification of my previous posts. I do not have any issue with Kelly, He has been perfectly cool with me and as a safety minded individual I think he does an excellent focused job in the lanes. I don't want to smear him or this range I just want everyone to enjoy to the fullest. :D

I thought that might have been you, but wasn't sure. Apparently Bill brought it up with my wife while I was posting targets. He was asking her if I was Daggo66 because of the Kelly thing. I walked back at the tale end of it. No big deal, we're cool. To be honest with you, I didn't even remember that it was you who made the comment.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

I thought that might have been you when I saw the gun on lane 1.

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    I thought that might have been you, but wasn't sure. Apparently Bill brought it up with my wife while I was posting targets. He was asking her if I was Daggo66 because of the Kelly thing. I walked back at the tale end of it. No big deal, we're cool. To be honest with you, I didn't even remember that it was you who made the comment.
    Just don't want misunderstanding that I think he does a fine job with the safety end of it. Its my home range, I prefer it over others too. :D

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I thought that might have been you when I saw the gun on lane 1.

Yep, that was the gun. This is the third time I brought it out and it gets a lot of attention both good and bad, bad because of the fake plastic silencer lol. I take it you were the one with your wife.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, that was me (and her). I just noticed that it was a bull pup, not much else. I did overhear something talking about a silenced .22, but I wasn't really paying attention. A friend of ours has the Red Jacket bull pup stock on a 10/22.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    good stuff, we were on complete opposite ends. Maybe next Sunday I did walk down to your lane at one point. Guess we might want to speak up next time :lol:

Unfortunately I will be in Lancaster next Sunday at my friends range. I plan to let the 90/22 loose. Hopefully we will meet again.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Yes, that was me (and her). I just noticed that it was a bull pup, not much else. I did overhear something talking about a silenced .22, but I wasn't really paying attention. A friend of ours has the Red Jacket bull pup stock on a 10/22.

I heard that too. The friend that was there mentioned that someone thought it was a real silencer.
    Welcome as well to shoot it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom