• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ifp123

Jan 15, 2009
    Damn! Too bad I just saw these posts! I've been busy with PG county, Metro Transit, Univ. of Maryland LE agency testing/application/background processes. I guess I''m stuck with my lower-level security company until a LE department picks me up.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Leek, I don't remember the exact date but it was a day or so after Papi posted the opening. I didn't have a real strong resume for the job but figured I would give it a shot. I just retired a couple months ago and am looking to try something different from aviation, I had some physical security time in my career but it was a while ago. I hope you get the position, I lucked into a job when I retired so i'm not despearate. I do feel guilty looking for something else when some folks don't even have a job. I just want to try something different.

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    oh ok. i got ya. not sure if you saw my other posts here. i had an interview about a week ago and they told me to keep an eye on my email. i hope i hear back from them either way. thanks for hoping that i get the position.

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    x-factor i recieved an e-mail the other day saying i didn't have enough experience in security. I was in the marine corps for 4yrs. during those 4yrs I was a grunt and a scout sniper. needless to say i didn't make in.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    x-factor i recieved an e-mail the other day saying i didn't have enough experience in security. I was in the marine corps for 4yrs. during those 4yrs I was a grunt and a scout sniper. needless to say i didn't make in.

Man, that sucks. Sorry you didn't get it.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County

Wow. I'm sorry. NO idea what's going on with them lately... that makes NO sense. :( I also spent 4 years in the Marines; grunt, MP, security forces. How do you not have enough security experience when we have cops and air force desk desk commandos? Damn.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    ****ing hope not. However, knowing the people doing the hiring I'm just not surprised anymore.

Trust me, it happens a lot in the police departments too. they take much less qualified candidates because they need the quota's filled. The candidates still meet the minimum standards but they pass over much higher scores and better qualifications to do this so a company like that doing it doesn't surprise me in the least.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I got an email the other night saying I wasn't selected and I had applied when this thread first came out, just got the notification 2 days ago. I wasn't terribly surprised as I don't have a strong background in that field. I really don't understand how the others didn't get selected, with their experience it seemed like they were more then capable? This question has nothing to do with why I didn't get selected but could it be the salary requirement? I've applied for numerous jobs that had a block for you to enter your desired salary, now if you are qualified and ask for 65k and someone esle who is less qualified asks for 55k, would they hire a less qualified person to pay less money? I know nothing about HR, but is there several people who look at applicants to get the best qualified individual?

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    This Group http://gocss.com/ is taking names! They claim "$1K a week".

Job Info:
    Overview:The CSS USA Emergency Response Team is responsible for supplying personnel and supplies to Disaster Relief sites. CSS USA is a major contractor for the Federal Government, working with state and local municipalities to set up, run, and protect shelters for evacuees. CSS USA staffs thousands for emergency response in various capacities. Once notified of a disaster, CSS USA dispatches ERT personnel and supplies within 24-72 hours.

**Please note that wages are based upon geographic location.

Responsibilities:ERT Security Officers are responsible for guarding and/or patrolling the disaster relief site or any other buildings as specified in the contract. Security officers are to follow all post orders, assist the client, and assist evacuees.

Qualifications:- Must have high school diploma or higher
    - Must be 21 years or older
    - Must be a U. S. citizen
    - Must have clear criminal history
    - Must have reliable transportation to get to and from the work site
    - Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from either the American Heart Association OR the Red Cross ONLY.
    - Must have firearms training within the last 6 months
    - Must have 3 years experience in military, law enforcement, or security within the last 7 years
    - Must be prepared for immediate deployment

I myself don't have the CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications! Anyone know of a Class being offered for this in or near Hazzard County?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom