• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Figured I would post this here just in case. I doubt it will help though because I am not an ideal candidate.
    -no transportation so I can only go where public transportation goes.
    -because I rely on public transport and live in the burbs, I cannot start work untill usually after six and depending on the area after seven AM.
    -almost no training or experience worth mentioning.
    -no weekends generally (that time is for my current part time job)
    -Has to be in the Baltimore/DC area because of the public transportation limitation.

-labor intensive jobs are fine.
    -googling jobs would be excellent.
    -I do have some experience with construction
    -I have some college experience, but I cannot remember my professor's names much less what they taught me.
    -will also willingly work part time or temporarily as per the contract(s).

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Figured I would post this here just in case. I doubt it will help though because I am not an ideal candidate.
    -because I rely on public transport and live in the burbs, I cannot start work untill usually after six and depending on the area after seven AM.
    -Has to be in the Baltimore/DC area because of the public transportation limitation.

-I have some college experience, but I cannot remember my professor's names much less what they taught me.-will also willingly work part time or temporarily as per the contract(s).

That made me LOL...good luck to you.:thumbsup:

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

-I have some college experience, but I cannot remember my professor's names much less what they taught me.
    -will also willingly work part time or temporarily as per the contract(s).

Mark, Dude with the brain power God has blessed you with and your uncanny ability to read the "written law" the world should be your oyster. I wish I could help, but have you looked into any kind of legal support job?

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I would beg, borrow, and plead to get the "Legal Administrative Assistant" position at the NRA if I were you. That would be right up your alley. You may not qualify based on the requirements that are posted on the site, but that doesn't mean much if they really need someone. It's worth a shot anyway.

http://www.nrahq.org/careers/jobs.asp#1102

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!

That might not be a Bad Thing. :)

It might be too late but try this anyway: The Census Bureau is hiring people to canvass neighborhoods checking for good mailing addresses to send next year's forms. Lots of listers use public transportation. Some public contact, but not much more than asking, "How many apartments are in this building?".

Check the Website http://www.census.gov/ and contact me with questions if you like.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Here is a cool looking job from Craigslist....Need a little puter skills..
    Content Review/Editor (Baltimore - Harbor East)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: job-twahe-1130996590@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-20, 10:22AM EDT

Custom software company located in the Harbor East area of Baltimore is currently looking for a team of people to assist in converting existing content into pre-defined templates using a web-based authoring tool. The process will mainly consist of converting/copying existing content which includes text and images, into some pre-defined web templates. Team members will use a proprietary tool and defined process to complete their work. Individuals will be required to work approximately 30 hours per week. Initially team members will work in our Baltimore office for the first few weeks, during regular business hours, but may have the option to work remotely (with weekly office visits) based on performance.

Requirements:

1. Broad Band Internet preferred (for those who are granted the option to work remotely).
    2. Must possess their own Laptop/PC (no MAC) with Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
    3. Must be familiar with standard Word Processing software such as Microsoft Word.
    4. Familiar with downloading, uploading, and saving images on local drives and/or FTP sites.
    5. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge is preferred.
    6. Be available to start on May 1st.

All interested candidates must submit a resume for consideration.

Compensation: $12.50/hour
    This is a part-time job.
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1130996590

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I would beg, borrow, and plead to get the "Legal Administrative Assistant" position at the NRA if I were you. That would be right up your alley. You may not qualify based on the requirements that are posted on the site, but that doesn't mean much if they really need someone. It's worth a shot anyway.

http://www.nrahq.org/careers/jobs.asp#1102

Wow, that seems damn interesting, but I might have a better chance as an intern doing that than as in that paid position, but it might be worth looking into. However they require you to drive your own car to legal libraries.
    I checked WMATA though and I could likely get there in time if they did hire me.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Here is a cool looking job from Craigslist....Need a little puter skills..
    Content Review/Editor (Baltimore - Harbor East)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: job-twahe-1130996590@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-20, 10:22AM EDT

Custom software company located in the Harbor East area of Baltimore is currently looking for a team of people to assist in converting existing content into pre-defined templates using a web-based authoring tool. The process will mainly consist of converting/copying existing content which includes text and images, into some pre-defined web templates. Team members will use a proprietary tool and defined process to complete their work. Individuals will be required to work approximately 30 hours per week. Initially team members will work in our Baltimore office for the first few weeks, during regular business hours, but may have the option to work remotely (with weekly office visits) based on performance.

Requirements:

1. Broad Band Internet preferred (for those who are granted the option to work remotely).
    2. Must possess their own Laptop/PC (no MAC) with Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
    3. Must be familiar with standard Word Processing software such as Microsoft Word.
    4. Familiar with downloading, uploading, and saving images on local drives and/or FTP sites.
    5. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge is preferred.
    6. Be available to start on May 1st.

All interested candidates must submit a resume for consideration.

Compensation: $12.50/hour
    This is a part-time job.
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    Please, no phone calls about this job!
    Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1130996590
    Sounds cool and sounds about as easy as data entry jobs were back when people were beginning to convert everything to electronic.
    What is CSS though?

Damn, looks like I am going to have to write a resume again for some of these jobs. I wonder if I can find my old one and just update it.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

That might not be a Bad Thing. :)

It might be too late but try this anyway: The Census Bureau is hiring people to canvass neighborhoods checking for good mailing addresses to send next year's forms. Lots of listers use public transportation. Some public contact, but not much more than asking, "How many apartments are in this building?".

Check the Website http://www.census.gov/ and contact me with questions if you like.

That sounds like a perfect temporary job. :thumbsup:

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Sounds cool and sounds about as easy as data entry jobs were back when people were beginning to convert everything to electronic.
    What is CSS though?

Damn, looks like I am going to have to write a resume again for some of these jobs. I wonder if I can find my old one and just update it.

CSS=Cascading Style Sheet? HTML stuff...

ranger3five

Dec 29, 2008
    Gorgous Prince George's
    Looking for PSD work as a operator for High risk, conus or ,oconus work overseas or here state side please e-mail me if you have any contacts or know of any local agencies lookin for contractors.

Terminator870

4RumWhore 5$=HappyEnding
    Feb 21, 2009
    varies
    Looking for PSD work as a operator for High risk, conus or ,oconus work overseas or here state side please e-mail me if you have any contacts or know of any local agencies lookin for contractors.

State Dept. is looking for some guys, need to be at least an E-5 have a degree in anything(underwater basket weaving works too) also be able to apply and get SCI clearance.

it is security job-you should go for RSO-they make more then SS (70k plus a year)

Just apply or email.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    State Dept. is looking for some guys, need to be at least an E-5 have a degree in anything(underwater basket weaving works too) also be able to apply and get SCI clearance.

it is security job-you should go for RSO-they make more then SS (70k plus a year)

Just apply or email.
    If I went the community college route I would probably had enough credits right now to get an AA degree, but as it is I went to a four year college and have none.
    As far as a clearance, I doubt I could pass more than the civil servant (or whatever the lowest is called) background check.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Dont stress the clearance. As long as you can buy guns you're good on the clearance. Well kinda. Just need to have good credit, no convictions and if you have anything over 90 days past due you need to disclose. Just dont talk politics with the investigator nor religion. I have had a few ask me a few questions about politics and I would rather not answer because no two people can agree.

All I say "as long as the colors dont run and the stars dont fall Im good" Come to think of it. When I started purchasing guns my paperwork came back sooner. Back in the military all I had was my DD account and my family and that was it. No other contact or debts.

Terminator870

4RumWhore 5$=HappyEnding
    Feb 21, 2009
    varies
    You could always do the whole male-dancer thing...definately would pay decent $$$...

recently done a search on craigslist.. don't ask why..
    but on some adds there where women asking for male strippers for group parties-these women are of the plus size type..

anyways, 1hour would net you 300USD.
    if someone was to do from the forums-just think of the ammo you can buy in one day :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom