• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Stupid

True dat!:party29:

HEY, just because...they shoot themselves in the leg, beat their wives, threaten their team mates with weapons, murder friends and relatives, sell drugs, whip their children, abuse PHD's, drink excessively, use drugs, and kill dogs.....does NOT necessarily make them stupid. Just......well.........not thinking clearly! Or....they could have had a less than perfect upbringing!!:D YEA..thats it...it was their childhood experience!!:lol2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Gilberts is like the joke about the poker playing dog. The remarkable thing isn't their prices and service. It's simply the fact that a shooting range exists at all in the heart of enemy territory.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    My dad used to work at NIH and called all the MD's down there "mouse doctor's" because that's what they did research on.

No offense to our resident MD's. Especially the ONE with spectacular hair!!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I remember when Gilberts had a gun store on Rockville Pike many moons ago. My wife went in there to buy an AR 15 as a surprise gift for me. Instead of trying to figure out what she wanted, they instead treated her as if she were from another planet. No sale for them that day. Gilbert Guns epitomized the term, Dickhead Gun Store Owners Syndrome.

And that is how they treated my wife back around 2005. Cancelled my membership and that was that.

I too remember when there were locate don Rockville Pike. Believe there is a bicycle shop there now where they used to be. Maybe Revolution Cycles.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    I haven't been there in a year because of the 2013 ammo shortages. They are the only place within 25 miles of my house if I want to shoot at night or in the winter.

Their ammo prices vary widely based on membership type. Annual memberships came with unlimited range time and a big ammo discount. The price difference was small enough that two boxes in VA cost me more when taking travel costs and time into account.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    After reading the linked content on their FFL violations, I am wondering how they are not in jail.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    NRA is 20 miles from Bethesda, and has night hours.

Wednesday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Went there twice about four years ago and the same jerk was behind the counter both times. He had a real smart a## attitude and was downright disrespectful. Took my business elsewhere and never went back. Surprised they are still in business.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    This is actually my main gripe about Gilberts. They couldn't deliberately come up with a slower checkout.

The annual member price for ammo is radically different than the one time tourist price. Its close enough to retail to balance against time spent and travel costs.

a customer waiting to check out shouldn't be waiting for 15 min for the employees to stop screwing around with each other. .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My dad used to work at NIH and called all the MD's down there "mouse doctor's" because that's what they did research on.

No offense to our resident MD's. Especially the ONE with spectacular hair!!

Not totally fair; some of them are monkey doctors.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This is actually my main gripe about Gilberts. They couldn't deliberately come up with a slower checkout.

The annual member price for ammo is radically different than the one time tourist price. Its close enough to retail to balance against time spent and travel costs.

Yes, what the hell is up with checking out? I mean is it utterly painful if you want to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom