• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Has any one here on the forum seen these minimalist holsters on the internet? They look great to be able to use especially during the summer months when all you have on is a polo and a pair of shorts. Let me know if you tried one out and how you like it…….definitely thinking about purchasing 1 or 2. I think they are $19.99 each and come in different sizes for all different calibers small and large. Thanks!

WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    Designed for carry without one in the pipe - Didn't like anything about it, especially the lack of a trigger guard and the foam thing going into the barrel - ick.

I much prefer a MIC holster + a clipdraw if you want to go the minimalist route - that combo works much better (for me anyways).

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That looks like an awful design.

I do not want anything being rammed up the barrel of my gun. A CCW holster should ALWAYS completely cover the trigger guard opening.

There are plenty of good options on the table for CCW holsters. If you get a good holster like a Crossbreed and spend money on a real belt it is easy to carry even large firearms. This device looks like a train wreck.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Designed for carry without one in the pipe - Didn't like anything about it, especially the lack of a trigger guard and the foam thing going into the barrel - ick.

I much prefer a MIC holster + a clipdraw if you want to go the minimalist route - that combo works much better (for me anyways).

Although I personally am not interested in one, I chatted with VC customer service. They indicate they CAN be used with one in the chamber. Due to liability concerns they do not recommend it since they do not know the level of training of the users.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Response about carrying one in the pipe.

→Can versa carry IWB be used with a round in the chamber?

Versacarry® Customer Support: It can, but as we have no means of gauging the level of safety training (if any) Versacarry users have, we cannot recommend carrying with a chambered round.

Versacarry® Customer Support: We have heard these concerns in the past, but even in our smallest (.380 XS) units, this is not an issue. We know how people like to talk on those forums, though ;p

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wouldn't carry a striker fired gun with one in the chamber in that holster.

WeiShen

Oct 7, 2013
    Ward 7
    Although I personally am not interested in one, I chatted with VC customer service. They indicate they CAN be used with one in the chamber. Due to liability concerns they do not recommend it since they do not know the level of training of the users.

Of course you are free to run it in any manner that you wish, and I understand they cannot recommend it - but without a trigger guard, you are asking for an ND to the nuts or worse due to the barrel being plugged, IMHO.

For the same price why not get a MIC?

http://glocktech.com/

The string loops through a belt loop and keeps the weapon upright - and a clipdraw aids in this.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Their response is non sense. They provide a border line unsafe product and their response to it is to "not carry a loaded chamber".

Look at other quality holster makers....their attorneys aren't making them put that disclaimer in. This product being unsafe is what is causing it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Nothing covering the trigger, nothing between the pistol and skin, no thanks, whatever slight savings in bulk is severely offset by discomfort and danger.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    For the same price why not get a MIC?

http://glocktech.com/

For the same reason I won't get a Versa-Carry. They both put the pistols in direct contact with your skin or t-shirt without a sweat shield.

My only point with the V-C, while it may not be a design for me, it is incorrect to state a pistol cannot be carried C1. Whether that is a good idea or not is for others to decide.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    As far as I know and from the video's on the website, it looks as though the Versa-Carry does have a trigger guard on it. Just on the side that faces out (where you would pull from), not the side of the trigger that is pressed against your body

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom