• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    See this link from Internal Medicine News:

http://www.internalmedicinenews.com...o you ask patients about guns in their homes?

In a nutshell, it appears that the ACP has decided to listen to Oblama's failed Surgeon General Nominee and declare that gun violence is a public health issue. Under O-care, electronic records are becoming the norm. These will be linked (at least here in the PRofMD) and searchable. As has been said before, just another 'under the radar' attempt at registration. :tdown:

As a physician, it disgusts me to see an organization that I once respected follow the path of the AMA. If I were a member of the ACP (I am not…different specialty), I'd be seriously pissed…:mad54:

The moral of the story…

Never let your guard down. The grabbers are literally everywhere.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Some of us on here predicted this would happen a year ago.

The same some of us were told our black helicopters were wearing tin foil hats for connecting ObamaCare to Firearm Health and Safety.

People need to start looking 5 moves ahead in the game and not the shiny ball in front of them.

End Rant.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That guy at 1:25 about PA is Pittsburgh on one end, Philly on the other, and Alabama in the middle has no idea what he is talking about. It's Kentucky in the middle. As in, Pennsyltucky. It's not Pennsylbama. That would be stupid.

Hey wait, if someone is really depressed they might not give a real answer and open up about having homicidal or suicidal thoughts? I am totally shocked. What we should do is make them even MORE uncomfortable and punish and embarrass them for telling the truth.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some of us on here predicted this would happen a year ago.

The same some of us were told our black helicopters were wearing tin foil hats for connecting ObamaCare to Firearm Health and Safety.

People need to start looking 5 moves ahead in the game and not the shiny ball in front of them.

End Rant.

It's a recommendation. It is likely most doctors won't follow it. I have no doubt that they will try to mine data from EMR's. What determines how useful that will be is whether that info actually gets put in....

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    It's none of my doctor's business whether I have guns or how they are stored - and I have no problem telling him this.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    Ok. Let's have that conversation . . .

Deaths from Firearm Homicides
    • Number of deaths: 11,078
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.6
    Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 18 [PDF - 3.1 MB]
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Deaths from Medical Malpractice
    http://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.

Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says.

Last edited:

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

http://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.

Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says.

That would make medical errors the third-leading cause of death in America, behind heart disease, which is the first, and cancer, which is second (emphasis added)

This is not about saving lives...it's about furthering the "control" agenda under the guise of safety.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Deaths from Firearm Homicides
    • Number of deaths: 11,078
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.6
    Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 18 [PDF - 3.1 MB]
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Deaths from Medical Malpractice

Interesting, seeing a medical professional leads to more deaths than owning a gun.

Maybe we should take a look at banning doctors.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting, seeing a medical professional leads to more deaths than owning a gun.

People love pulling these numbers out. Don't see a doctor. Ever. Let your blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol kill you. You can even die before 55 of pneumonia. Those doctors will kill you.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    ACP looks like a voluntary physicians' organization, separate and apart from licensing or certification. Much like the American Bar Association (ABA), Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), and various county bar associations for lawyers, all of which are totally voluntary.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ACP looks like a voluntary physicians' organization, separate and apart from licensing or certification. Much like the American Bar Association (ABA), Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), and various county bar associations for lawyers, all of which are totally voluntary.

Important to note. I will be canceling my membership. Like AMA, most doctors are NOT members. These groups can start recommending insertion to the elbow for prostate exams, it doesn't mean anyone will do it.

Also, note that the Surgeon General is not really a general. We don't have to follow his orders.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Important to note. I will be canceling my membership. Like AMA, most doctors are NOT members. These groups can start recommending insertion to the elbow for prostate exams, it doesn't mean anyone will do it.

Also, note that the Surgeon General is not really a general. We don't have to follow his orders.

Unfortunately, some of these voluntary orgs that offer some good services insert themselves into issues that they shouldn't, lose their bearing, and eventually alienate members and become counter-productive.

The American Bar Association, headquartered in Chicago, has a worldwide "Rule of Law" initiative with legal teams and representatives around the world. How ironic. We need to re-establish rule of law here, first.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    It's a recommendation. It is likely most doctors won't follow it. I have no doubt that they will try to mine data from EMR's. What determines how useful that will be is whether that info actually gets put in....

I remember filling out a health survey at my doctor's office last year. One of the questions was whether or not I had firearms in the home.

Nope. Not a single one. I don't "believe in" guns. :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I remember filling out a health survey at my doctor's office last year. One of the questions was whether or not I had firearms in the home.

In my office it is on the form (we have thousands of them and they were free). The gun info doesn't go into the electronic record and the originals get destroyed. Even if you claim to have a cache, or even an arsenal, it never makes it into the record. I can't speak for what happens at your doctor's office.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    People love pulling these numbers out. Don't see a doctor. Ever. Let your blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol kill you. You can even die before 55 of pneumonia. Those doctors will kill you.

But the fact remains that there are a lot of people dying after seeing doctors. Also many more LIVING because they saw a doctor. Very similar to a number of people dying from guns, but also an even greater number living because of guns saving their lives...

Since "obumma care" has been found to be a tax, isn't providing false information on a form some sort of a crime?

(and I'm not sure if I'm kidding or not!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom