• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Damn son, if you ever figure out the "multiquote", you're gonna be dangerous.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    jlnjca: What does this name "mean? Or stand for?
    Way back in 2012 you never introduced yourself.
    My guess :Judicial Law, New Jersey, California!

Am I close?
    I must loosen my tinfoil more,

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    LOL, I just subscribed to this thread because it has every bit of information I will ever need! I can now search MDS properly, and with all the links provided I can probably answer any question I have in the future. Now, don't anyone start wising off and get this thing locked. Between this and my SOTAR threads, I'm GOLD!!!:D
    Thanks MDS!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I really hate the practice of blowing off serious inquiries with a " go use search yourself" type of response. Srarch feature sucks, good inforfation is burried inside long threads. One of thr thinks we do here is spread information.

BUT !!!! I'm sorry but this is overload. You've hit every topic in the state in one post, except for minium handgun requirements for deer hunting.

some people must type way faster than me, 20min wouldn't get me half way to barely scratching the surface. Detailed aanswers, with a little bit of historical context, would literally be a book.

Ask us a specific question on one, maybe two topics if they are related to each other , we"ll help you out. But for mass information dumps, you'll have to do some combination of :

Use the links given in this thread. Search MDS. Consult the original sources, statutes, COMAR, MDSP SOP's , court cases, Atty General Opinion Letters, etc.

I agree Bigfoot. Nobody should be told to use search, but the OP's questions are overly vague.

Now, if he had come on here and asked, what do I need to do to get an HQL? Not hard to answer.

Do I need an FFL to transfer a rifle?

One of the best threads for information I need right now is Weber's $100 Form 1 suppressor thread, but it is 6 pages and probably 100+ posts long. Lots of information in there that I do not need, but it really is the most awesome thread here for building a suppressor. Still, I started my own thread about what people think I should build for the firearms I own.

OP, if you have specific questions, ask the specific questions.

What I can do is answer the FFL question. In Maryland there are no more regulated long guns. In Maryland you can do a face to face transfer of a long gun between two Maryland residents without an FFL. Now, if a long gun is coming into Maryland from an out of state seller, then it must go through an FFL and you must go through the Form 4473 NICS check. With that said, there are some firearms that cannot be transferred in Maryland, and those would be the ones defined as "assault weapons". You either own them before October 1, 2013; you inherit them; or you never get to have them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Sorry but for all those that say no one should be told to "Search", you obviously don't know the difference between a teacher and an enabler; give a man a fish or teach him to fish. With a little practice on using the best words, 'searching' can be quick and easy in finding the answers to questions addressed multiple times in the forum. People can be encouraged to explore the forum and help themselves to learn or they can be given everything and stay dependant, you know, like our welfare system.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    With a little practice on using the best words, 'searching' can be quick and easy in finding the answers to questions addressed multiple times in the forum.

I don't know about that. I'm an exec for a firm that develops search engines (been working in the AI and SE fields since the mid-90s) and I often [inadvertently] post dupes here because I've been unable to locate previous threads on the same topic via the search. There're primarily four reasons for this: 1) MDS is very large; 2) there're too many extraordinarily long threads, many of which often contain scads of dissimilar issues branching off the main one; 3) there're too many threads/posts with titles that don't reflect the topic or theme; and 4) threads riddled with typos and misspellings result in missed hits and false-positives. Much of this is unavoidable, so my comments should be considered just fyi..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom