• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm going to try this one more time because I really don't want anyone to get in a jam over Maryland's F'd up laws.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/29/29.03.01.05.htm

.05 New Residents of the State.

A. A person who moves into the State with the intent of becoming a resident shall register all regulated firearms within 90 days after establishing residency by submitting a registration application in the format prescribed by the Secretary. This regulation does not apply to a person who became a resident of the State prior to October 1, 2013.

B. The registration application shall include:

(1) The applicant’s name, address, driver’s license or photographic identification soundex number, place and date of birth, height, weight, race, sex, eye and hair color, occupation, and home and work telephone numbers; and

(2) The make, caliber, model, type, finish, barrel length, serial number, country of origin, and date of manufacture of each regulated firearm.

C. The application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable payment of $15, regardless of the number of firearms registered.

The "voluntary" registration only applies to someone that moved here pre 10/1/13.
    After 10/1/13 it is MANDATORY.

Please don't ask anyone at the State Police for advice, As a group they know next to nothing about these laws. They are famous for giving out incorrect information.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD makes it very unclear, the important bit of information they leave out online is PRE-2013. I have owned my Glock for over 10 years, so way before 2013. So, at this point it becomes voluntary, and there is not a charge of $15.

That is incorrect. If, after October 1 2103 you are moving in to Maryland with ANY handguns, or any now-banned "assault weapons" you are required to register them. In addition, you must have owned the "assault weapons" prior to October 1 2013, or you may not bring them here at all.

Now with that said, the state can simply pull from the FBI national database and see I own a Glock.

There is no "national database" of Title I firearms. The FBI has no idea who owns what. The ATF can track it down, with some time, but it requires a lot of footwork because the FFLs, as long as they are still in business, maintain the records.

Supposed and voluntary have two different meaning in my book. And I am sure MD police and the FBI have access to the national firearms registry.

Again, there is no such thing as a "national firearms registry" for Title I firearms. There is one for Title II firearms, or "NFA" or "Class III" firearms, but not for run of the mill guns.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...ision/Registration/VoluntaryRegistration.aspx

I am assuming nobody looked at the “Voluntary Registration Section”. The two contradict each other and cause much confusion.

The registration of a regulated firearm that is not required by Maryland State statute to be registered in the Maryland Automated Firearms Services System (i.e., Firearm(s) that were legally purchased in another state by an individual who resided in that state who has now established residency in the State of Maryland and moved their estate belongings into the State of Maryland, an individual who possesses regulated firearms or other types of firearms not previously registered in the State of Maryland who desires to register it), or an individual who performed a secondary sale of a regulated firearm in Maryland prior to the Gun Violence Act of 1996 (effective October 1, 1996).

That is outdated information that has been superseded by the Firearms Safety Act of 2013.

I'm going to try this one more time because I really don't want anyone to get in a jam over Maryland's F'd up laws.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/29/29.03.01.05.htm

.05 New Residents of the State.

A. A person who moves into the State with the intent of becoming a resident shall register all regulated firearms within 90 days after establishing residency by submitting a registration application in the format prescribed by the Secretary. This regulation does not apply to a person who became a resident of the State prior to October 1, 2013.

B. The registration application shall include:

(1) The applicant’s name, address, driver’s license or photographic identification soundex number, place and date of birth, height, weight, race, sex, eye and hair color, occupation, and home and work telephone numbers; and

(2) The make, caliber, model, type, finish, barrel length, serial number, country of origin, and date of manufacture of each regulated firearm.

C. The application must be accompanied by a nonrefundable payment of $15, regardless of the number of firearms registered.

The "voluntary" registration only applies to someone that moved here pre 10/1/13.
    After 10/1/13 it is MANDATORY.

Please don't ask anyone at the State Police for advice, As a group they know next to nothing about these laws. They are famous for giving out incorrect information.

This is 100% correct. What was quoted above was Maryland Code, and just for giggles, here is the applicable text from the actual law that was passed:

5–143.
    (A) (1) A PERSON WHO MOVES INTO THE STATE WITH THE INTENT OF BECOMING A RESIDENT SHALL REGISTER ALL REGULATED FIREARMS WITH THE SECRETARY WITHIN 30 90 DAYS AFTER ESTABLISHING RESIDENCY.
    (2) THE SECRETARY SHALL PREPARE AND, ON REQUEST OF AN APPLICANT, PROVIDE AN APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION UNDER THIS SECTION.
    (B) AN APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION UNDER THIS SECTION SHALL CONTAIN:
    (1) THE MAKE, MODEL, MANUFACTURER’S SERIAL NUMBER, CALIBER, TYPE, BARREL LENGTH, FINISH, AND COUNTRY OF ORIGIN OF EACH REGULATED FIREARM; AND
    (2) THE FIREARM APPLICANT’S NAME, ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, PLACE AND DATE OF BIRTH, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RACE, EYE AND HAIR COLOR, SIGNATURE, DRIVER’S OR PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION SOUNDEX NUMBER, AND OCCUPATION.
    (C) EACH AN APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FILED WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE POLICE SHALL BE ACCOMPANIED BY A NONREFUNDABLE TOTAL REGISTRATION FEE OF $15, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF FIREARMS REGISTERED.
    (D) REGISTRATION DATA PROVIDED UNDER THIS SECTION IS NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC INSPECTION.

The above law went in to effect on October 1, 2013. Registration of handguns is NOT voluntary, nor is registration of now banned "assault weapons."

TylerART

May 10, 2016
    Wel,l I'm glad everyone is a lawyer on the site. I discovered I actually can't bring my handgun over due to the fact MD pulls a slick 2 year maximum state comparison penaltie misdemeanor question. In my state of conviction it's a 1 year max but in md it's over 2 years so regulated / semi auto is out the question. I'm still not sure how it's legal to hold a double jeopardy rule but, thats what MD does. However, MD has no say on non-regulated firearms. I am honestly perfectly ok with this due to the fact I hardly ever shot my Glock. It can stay in VA where it's perfectly legal.
    Is it just me or are the so called smart gun laws useless and only restrict the honest. If I could bring my handgun over it's only allowed in my house and a local range. Is that not the exact same place as a non-regulated firearm? Not to mention VA has less gun related deths and crimes than MD with far less restrictions. So how smart are the laws? Or is this just a simple display of tyranny hidden within the laws. What I do know is every day as more and more regulations are passed our freedom is chopped away. How long will it be till our freedom snaps like a tree being harvested for lumber to the ever growing machine?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    First off, Tyler. I am glad you found out the law before you got in a pinch with the law again re: Md misdemeanor law...

2nd, Read this thread and pay particular attention to the former "spew" of the likes of Joe Curran and his cronies/followers
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79715

And this post from that same thread

http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55363&d=1333300390

3rd. as Choptank put it in that same thread.
    "Around the year 2000, Curran came to Caroline County, Maryland and met with "the best and brightest" from our two high schools for a forum, maybe 8 kids total, responding to questions from Curran about "social issues" in and out of school, including drugs, race relations, etc. I was in the audience. Here's the best way I can describe it:

Curran: So how would you rank Caroline County's gun problem: bad, very bad, or extremely bad?

Kids: Uh, we don't have a gun problem here.

Curran: Oh, I would have thought there would be guns around in a rural county.

Kids: There are lots of guns around. We just don't have a problem.

Curran: So, it sounds like maybe its "very bad" then.

Kids: No, not bad at all.

Curran: Well, the lowest category I have is "bad" so we'll just mark it down as a "bad gun problem" and move on to the next issue.

I know this sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit, but I saw it happen."

Sort of backs up your last statements doesn't it?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I know we are preaching to the choir and face an uphill battle against those who think by restricting the rights of the conscientious gun owners/purchasers that they can stem the gun related killings/crimes. But, as the info about Curran, O'Malley, Clinton, Potus, Bloomberg etc demonstrates, they merely want their ultimate outcome to be total bans of ALL firearms if they can convince the public that it will yield fewer child killings, mass shootings, and general gun crimes.

While I can personally attest to the damage that just 1 gun in the wrong hands can turn deadly having lost 1 friend to an accidental shooting and another to suicide. I even know a friend's kid who attended a Perry Hall school where a student acted out and shot fellow students. However, I still believe that we as law abiding citizens benefit from being able to not only defend ourselves, but to hunt, and fish, etc without it costing us an arm and a leg or our freedoms to do so.

Oh and as a few Mdshooters pointed out in the thread about an Eastern Shore gun shop being robbed of Pistols,

"I thought the only way to get a handgun was to have your HQL? "

"Hmm, I wonder if they'll apply for a concealed carry permit? Oh well.
    BTW, MSP, now that these firearms are now on the street, how do I protect me and mine?????????????????? "

"No worries. They'll need to be registered and transferred to an HQL holder when the thief sells them. Not to mention that it would be illegal to use them in the commission of a crime. That would land him in the clinker for a long, long time, because prosecutors and judges enforce the existing criminal laws strictly, right?"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to my knowing tragedy of losing my friend's, I also know about losing firearms to criminals. My house was robbed back on 2010 and the crook, ( (my neighbor's 30+ something druggie son) was caught and sentenced to 6.5 years in Hagerstown for stealing 6 of my hunting rifles/shotguns from my house. However, after 1 year into his sentence, I get notice he has a parole review. I met with the parole board to argue against it and was told by my interviewer that it was a good thing I took the time to present my side. I took this to mean if i had not appeared, it was highly possible this career criminal would have been eligible for release after simply 1 year into a 6.5 yr sentence.

Thankfully he was a dumb crook and pawned 3 of them and sold 3 others to a gun shop. I got all 6 weapons back but unfortunately my time as a victim was not ended with his incarceration. Sadly, in late summer 2015, his 15 year old son decided to follow his father's path and break into my houses which are only 2 and 3 doors away from their mother/grandmother's house. This time I was not as lucky. 1st, being a juvenile, the criminal got a slap on the wrist and still lives 2 doors away. 2nd, some of my property was never recovered, unlike when I got all my guns back from the crime the dad committed.

As a side note, when and if the dad gets released from Hagerstown, how do you think my sense of peace and safety in my own home and property will be when the criminal is now back on the streets? He is certain to have had time to stew on who was the reason he spent time there. I am certain he won't blame himself but harbor ill will towards me. But guess what, I bet Maryland won't feel I am justified in needing a Carry permit, now will they?

So much for being tough on the ALREADY existing gun laws.

TylerART

May 10, 2016
    I'm researching NFA gun trusts. I was told by a lawyer I can bring my regulated firearms over state lines using a trust. At the moment it's a loophole. I'm going to verify the information and get back to you on the answer.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I'm researching NFA gun trusts. I was told by a lawyer I can bring my regulated firearms over state lines using a trust. At the moment it's a loophole. I'm going to verify the information and get back to you on the answer.

Your lawyer is incorrect.

If you want valid legal advice with regards to Maryland firearms laws, speak to one of our industry partner legal teams. They are all well versed in Maryland firearms law.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Another popular choice, and someone who has represented several members here in CCW permit proceedings is Britt Stouffer, of Stouffer Legal in Towson.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wel,l I'm glad everyone is a lawyer on the site. I discovered I actually can't bring my handgun over due to the fact MD pulls a slick 2 year maximum state comparison penaltie misdemeanor question. In my state of conviction it's a 1 year max but in md it's over 2 years so regulated / semi auto is out the question. I'm still not sure how it's legal to hold a double jeopardy rule but, thats what MD does. However, MD has no say on non-regulated firearms. I am honestly perfectly ok with this due to the fact I hardly ever shot my Glock. It can stay in VA where it's perfectly legal.

Is it just me or are the so called smart gun laws useless and only restrict the honest. If I could bring my handgun over it's only allowed in my house and a local range. Is that not the exact same place as a non-regulated firearm? Not to mention VA has less gun related deths and crimes than MD with far less restrictions. So how smart are the laws? Or is this just a simple display of tyranny hidden within the laws. What I do know is every day as more and more regulations are passed our freedom is chopped away. How long will it be till our freedom snaps like a tree being harvested for lumber to the ever growing machine?

MD law does not differentiate between handguns (regulated) and long guns when it comes to your record. You are either eligible to own guns or you aren't so if you are disqualified by a misdemeanor under MD law, you're out of luck. Stop guessing, trying to talk to MSP, or this forum (for legal advice), and talk to a lawyer.

TylerART

May 10, 2016
    MD law does not differentiate between handguns (regulated) and long guns when it comes to your record. You are either eligible to own guns or you aren't so if you are disqualified by a misdemeanor under MD law, you're out of luck. Stop guessing, trying to talk to MSP, or this forum (for legal advice), and talk to a lawyer.

You are wrong because I just picked up a hunting rifle from a store in MD the ATF said I am fine to proceed. I just can't have what MD considers a regulated firearm in MD. :envy:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    You are wrong because I just picked up a hunting rifle from a store in MD the ATF said I am fine to proceed. I just can't have what MD considers a regulated firearm in MD. :envy:

You're OK under Federal law, Maryland law is stricter. But don't worry, they don't read this forum.

TylerART

May 10, 2016
    This is why MD can not restrict me from purchasing a ( non regulated firearm) because the FBI/ATF database says I am ok to purchase a firearm.

MD can not give you there conviction if you were not convicted in there state. What do you not understand about that?

So basically MD would need to call VA and say hey do you mind sentencing a new resident of MD who just moved here? Just go back over 12 years and change his misdemeanor with a max of 6 months to our law that has a max of over 2 years.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    This is why MD can not restrict me from purchasing a ( non regulated firearm) because the FBI/ATF database says I am ok to purchase a firearm.

MD can not give you there conviction if you were not convicted in there state. What do you not understand about that?

So basically MD would need to call VA and say hey do you mind sentencing a new resident of MD who just moved here? Just go back over 12 years and change his misdemeanor with a max of 6 months to our law that has a max of over 2 years.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Your funny and you don't know the law. look it up its on there website.

MD applies their maximums when looking at convictions, as stupid as it sounds that is what they do.

Under state law, any person that is prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm is prohibited from possessing any ammunition. Also, there are many instances of NICS getting it wrong when it comes to application of state law. I'm not saying you're prohibited, but check out:

PS §5–133.1.
    (a) In this section, “ammunition” means a cartridge, shell, or any other device containing explosive or incendiary material designed and intended for use in a firearm.
    (b) A person may not possess ammunition if the person is prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm under § 5–133 (b) or (c) of this subtitle.
    (c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

And

Public Safety §5–205.
    (a) This subtitle does not apply to a rifle or shotgun that is an antique firearm as defined in § 4–201 of the Criminal Law Article.
    (b) A person may not possess a rifle or shotgun if the person:
    (1) has been convicted of a disqualifying crime as defined in § 5–101 of this title;
    (2) has been convicted of a violation classified as a crime under common law and received a term of imprisonment of more than 2 years;
    (3) is a fugitive from justice;
    (4) is a habitual drunkard as defined in § 5–101 of this title;
    (5) is addicted to a controlled dangerous substance or is a habitual user as defined in § 5–101 of this title;
    (6) suffers from a mental disorder as defined in § 10–101(f)(2) of the Health – General Article and has a history of violent behavior against the person or another;
    (7) has been found incompetent to stand trial under § 3–106 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (8) has been found not criminally responsible under § 3–110 of the Criminal Procedure Article;
    (9) has been voluntarily admitted for more than 30 consecutive days to a facility as defined in § 10–101 of the Health – General Article;
    (10) has been involuntarily committed to a facility as defined in § 10–101 of the Health – General Article;
    (11) is under the protection of a guardian appointed by a court under § 13–201(c) or § 13–705 of the Estates and Trusts Article, except for cases in which the appointment of a guardian is solely a result of a physical disability;
    (12) except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, is a respondent against whom:
    (i) a current non ex parte civil protective order has been entered under § 4–506 of the Family Law Article; or
    (ii) an order for protection, as defined in § 4–508.1 of the Family Law Article, has been issued by a court of another state or a Native American tribe and is in effect; or
    (13) if under the age of 30 years at the time of possession, has been adjudicated delinquent by a juvenile court for an act that would be a disqualifying crime if committed by an adult.
    (c) This section does not apply to a person transporting a rifle or shotgun if the person is carrying a civil protective order requiring the surrender of the rifle or shotgun and:
    (1) the rifle or shotgun is unloaded;
    (2) the person has notified the law enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the rifle or shotgun is being transported in accordance with the civil protective order; and
    (3) the person transports the rifle or shotgun directly to the law enforcement unit, barracks, or station.
    (d) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.
    (e) A person who is disqualified from owning a rifle or shotgun under subsection (b)(6), (7), (8), (9), (10), or (11) of this section may seek relief from the disqualification in accordance with § 5–133.3 of this title.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

No, he is correct. Maryland law is more strict than Federal law is when it comes to who is a prohibited person and who is not.

The law is referring to regulated firearms please show me where they say all firearms.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0281f.pdf

That is not the law. The file you linked to is an early version of SB281, and it was edited significantly before it was signed in to law. The "enrolled" version of that bill, which is actually the law, is located here:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf

If you look on page 55 of that document, you will see the following section:

5–205.
    (A) THIS SUBTITLE DOES NOT APPLY TO A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN THAT IS AN ANTIQUE FIREARM AS DEFINED IN § 4–201 OF THE CRIMINAL LAW ARTICLE.
    (B) A PERSON MAY NOT POSSESS A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IF THE PERSON:
    (1) HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A DISQUALIFYING CRIME AS DEFINED IN § 5–101 OF THIS TITLE;

(2) HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION CLASSIFIED AS A CRIME UNDER COMMON LAW AND RECEIVED A TERM OF IMPRISONMENT OF MORE THAN 2 YEARS;
    (3) IS A FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE;
    (4) IS A HABITUAL DRUNKARD AS DEFINED IN § 5–101 OF THIS
    TITLE;
    (5) IS ADDICTED TO A CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE OR
    IS A HABITUAL USER AS DEFINED IN § 5–101 OF THIS TITLE;
    (6) SUFFERS FROM A MENTAL DISORDER AS DEFINED IN §
    10–101(F)(2) OF THE HEALTH – GENERAL ARTICLE AND HAS A HISTORY OF
    VIOLENT BEHAVIOR AGAINST THE PERSON OR ANOTHER
    (7) HAS BEEN FOUND INCOMPETENT TO STAND TRIAL UNDER § 3–106 OF THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ARTICLE;
    (8) HAS BEEN FOUND NOT CRIMINALLY RESPONSIBLE UNDER § 3–110 OF THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ARTICLE;
    (9)HAS BEEN
    VOLUNTARILY ADMITTED FOR MORE THAN 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS TO A
    FACILITY AS DEFINED IN § 10–101 OF THE HEALTH – GENERAL ARTICLE;
    (10) HAS BEEN INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED TO A FACILITY AS DEFINED IN § 10–101 OF THE HEALTH – GENERAL ARTICLE;
    (11) IS UNDER THE PROTECTION OF A GUARDIAN APPOINTED BY A COURT UNDER § 13–201(C) OR § 13–705 OF THE ESTATES AND TRUSTS ARTICLE, EXCEPT FOR CASES IN WHICH THE APPOINTMENT OF A GUARDIAN IS SOLELY A RESULT OF A PHYSICAL DISABILITY;
    (12) EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SUBSECTION (C) OF THIS SECTION, IS A RESPONDENT AGAINST WHOM:
    (I) A CURRENT NON EX PARTE CIVIL PROTECTIVE ORDER HAS BEEN ENTERED UNDER § 4–506 OF THE FAMILY LAW ARTICLE; OR
    (II) AN ORDER FOR PROTECTION, AS DEFINED IN § 4–508.1 OF THE FAMILY LAW ARTICLE, HAS BEEN ISSUED BY A COURT OF ANOTHER STATE OR A NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBE AND IS IN EFFECT; OR
    (7) (13) (14) (13) IF UNDER THE AGE OF 30 YEARS AT THE TIME OF POSSESSION, HAS BEEN ADJUDICATED DELINQUENT BY A JUVENILE COURT FOR AN ACT THAT WOULD BE A DISQUALIFYING CRIME IF COMMITTED BY AN ADULT.
    (C) THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO A PERSON TRANSPORTING A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IF THE PERSON IS CARRYING A CIVIL PROTECTIVE ORDER REQUIRING THE SURRENDER OF THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN AND:
    (1) THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IS UNLOADED;
    (2) THE PERSON HAS NOTIFIED THE LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT,
    BARRACKS, OR STATION THAT THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IS BEING TRANSPORTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CIVIL PROTECTIVE ORDER; AND
    (3) THE PERSON TRANSPORTS THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN DIRECTLY TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT, BARRACKS, OR STATION.
    (D) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.
    (E) A PERSON WHO IS DISQUALIFIED FROM OWNING A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN UNDER SUBSECTION (B)(6), (7), (8), (9), (10), OR (11) OF THIS SECTION MAY SEEK RELIEF FROM THE DISQUALIFICATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH § 5–133.3 OF THIS TITLE.

I bolded the applicable part. § 5–101 defines a disqualifying crime as:

(g) “Disqualifying crime” means:
    (1) a crime of violence;
    (2) a violation classified as a felony in the State; or
    (3) a violation classified as a misdemeanor in the State that carries a
    statutory penalty of more than 2 years.

So basically, there are circumstances where you would be allowed under Federal law to possess a (non-banned) rifle or shotgun where that would be illegal under Maryland law. In your case, if you were convicted of a crime that is classified as a misdemeanor but that carries a statutory penalty in Maryland of more than two years (regardless of what your sentence actually was) then it is illegal for you to possess guns in Maryland. Just because you purchased it doesn't mean it's legal for you to have it. Again, that's because Maryland's state law on this is more strict than Federal law is, but Maryland has no part in the approval process for non-regulated firearm sales.

Maryland's laws are nuts, but it is what it is.

Also, look... a great many of us on here are doing our level best to help you out. Maryland's laws can be massively confusing, but it's in the best interest of all of us to see that they're followed. That's why a number of us have tried to answer your question for you. You may not like the answers that you're getting, but that's not a reason to start getting a 'tude with the people who are trying to help you navigate what could potentially become a big mess for you.

Just sayin'.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD applies their maximums when looking at convictions, as stupid as it sounds that is what they do.

Under state law, any person that is prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm is prohibited from possessing any ammunition. Also, there are many instances of NICS getting it wrong when it comes to application of state law. I'm not saying you're prohibited, but check out:

And

Also, not only is Nate a real live attorney, but he works in the industry.

Listen to him.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

You're ;)

Hey look, I'm no expert and could be wrong (I've been wrong before) but the point is I really don't want to see you get in a jam due to Maryland's ******** laws. Just keep in mind that they were written with the intent of discouraging legal gun ownership wherever possible.

Have a nice day and enjoy the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom