• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Some good news from deep within the belly of the beast!

I wonder if Bloomberg is having a stroke?

http://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/3/24/the-johns-hopkins-university-marksmanship-club/

In 2013, Lauren Aldoroty was a freshman at Johns Hopkins University (JHU) looking for a place to practice rifle shooting in Baltimore, MD. Aldoroty, a New York City native, is used to the difficulties of finding a place to practice her favorite sport and being in an unfriendly place for a prospective competitive shooter. However, she was determined to have an active group of JHU students out to the range a few times a month to practice, and maybe even start a university shooting club.

...the club was approved by university faculty as a special interest and hobby program, and in 2017 is slated to be rolled into the university’s athletic department as a full-fledged sports club.

ETA:

T-shirts are back! The sale is going to run for two weeks and the funds will help finance the club's expenses for travel to competitions.
    When the order time is complete, the shirts will be printed and shipped to the club. There may be a small shipping fee in addition to the cost of the shirt on the web site.

https://www.customink.com/g/jnc0-00ah-pg6e

Looking for a stylish bit of summer wear that will poke a finger in Bloomberg and Webster's eyes?

Attachments

• jhumarksmanship_t-shirt.jpg
      jhumarksmanship_t-shirt.jpg
      10.9 KB · Views: 702
    Last edited:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    They practice at the AGC along with the Monumental Juniors! In fact two of the team members were in a national tournament last week.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Spike Lee is the JHU commencement speaker this year. :)

I can't tell you how proud and thrilled I am to work there.
    Two of my special snowflake coworkers were discussing this yesterday and both thought it was great news. My lip is still bruised and tender from restraining a loud "WTF!"
    :sad20:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Is there a way for non-alum to join as supporting members? :evilgrin3

Imagine Bloomberg picking up his alumni news to find the club has 1,000 charter members. He might stroke out and need to be seen by the good Dr. Carson of jhu fame.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Is there a way for non-alum to join as supporting members? :evilgrin3

Imagine Bloomberg picking up his alumni news to find the club has 1,000 charter members. He might stroke out and need to be seen by the good Dr. Carson of jhu fame.

I see on their Facebook page they had a fundraising T-Shirt sale but that is over for now. I'm not sure what the policy on non-JHU folks or even staff members supporting the club is but there might be some way for us to help them out.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Two of my special snowflake coworkers were discussing this yesterday and both thought it was great news. My lip is still bruised and tender from restraining a loud "WTF!"

You and me both. Thankfully, my teammates pretty much have the same social/political views so I get a little relief.

The school pissed on Dr. Carson, but invites this wonderful citizen. :sad20:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, there used to be a rifle range on campus. And a shooting team, under the ROTC program, but you did not have to be ROTC to participate.

The program had two Anschutz target rifles, that went to the top two shooters. The rest used Winchester Model 52 rifles. As a team member, you were assigned a rifle for the season and could go over any evening and shoot. Ammo was supplied.

This was WAY before shooting became an NCAA recognized sport (which it now is).

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD

Very sad that people are happy about a career racist speaking at a prestigious university. They should be ashamed. Everyone should be ashamed.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The club may re-launch their t-shirt sale if there is enough interest in doing a second run. Looks like they would run about $20 including shipping. Seems a small price to poke Mike Bloomberg in the eye. I know I'd pick up a couple. Anyone else?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The club may re-launch their t-shirt sale if there is enough interest in doing a second run. Looks like they would run about $20 including shipping. Seems a small price to poke Mike Bloomberg in the eye. I know I'd pick up a couple. Anyone else?

I'm up for at least one if they are for public purchase/fundraising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom