• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How? Just by talking to people you know. Not confrontation, just a simple conversation that an AW is really just a rifle with a paint job, for example.

I don't know anyone influential enough to quote me on Good Morning America. :sad20:

Malachi.2.15

Jan 27, 2011
    Just finished listening to the audio...

It was very painful to listen to the beginning. Many kudos to Mr. Sweeney's arguments!!! He did a fantastic job defending our position! :clap: From a Monday morning quarterback's perspective, I would have only had minor tweaks on his statements. The judges kept throwing red herrings at him that he deflected masterfully.

It was also nice to hear the judges beat up on the state. Of course I'm biased, but I don't think their lawyer did that good a job trying to respond.

Now we wait....2 weeks...

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just finished listening to the audio...

It was very painful to listen to the beginning. Many kudos to Mr. Sweeney's arguments!!! He did a fantastic job defending our position! :clap: From a Monday morning quarterback's perspective, I would have only had minor tweaks on his statements. The judges kept throwing red herrings at him that he deflected masterfully.

It was also nice to hear the judges beat up on the state. Of course I'm biased, but I don't think their lawyer did that good a job trying to respond.

Now we wait....2 weeks...

I agree. Sweeney did an excellent job and the states attorney literally stuttered through his entire argument. I actually felt bad for him.

Where did this "two weeks" time frame come from? I figured this was going to be at least 9 - 12 months.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Finally got around to listening to the audio of the arguments:

-surprised how frequently judges interrupt counsel on both sides

-our guy did okay but did not cite many facts or figures. How many "AW" murders last year? Last 10yrs? It was like 1 in 2012 IIRC.

-several very obvious counter arguments were not used IMO. Why not force the issue on "military style" and ponder how a barrel shroud increases deadliness? VA Tech mass shooting most deadly ever and per used handgun.

-When the 10 round magazine topic came up, I was hoping to hear some stats about rounds needed to end encounters, NYPD hit rates (like 6%) and the fact that every police officer in US carries >10 rounds for defensive purposes (i.e., they aren't conducting assaults!). All the statistical facts are on our side.

-the judge who kept wailing about the legislative body is downright freighening. He didn't even pretend to be faithful to the COTUS. I wish counsel has said that gun owners ARE defenseless minorities in MD!

-grabber counsel was just pathetic. Did he say anything other than "they are dangerous and are used in multiple victim public shootings (aka drive by shootings) and police murders"?

-I'm really bothered by Hellers apparent guidance that only ineffective weapons are useful for self defense. A weak pistol calibre or single-shot shotgun now the standard for righteous firearms. Any more firepower and we're going to hurt someone!

Not too hopeful. At the end of the day, what did Heller get us? Handguns with 5rd magazine? :sad20: The CT and NY bans are still standing. SB281 will probably stand.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Gee, others had posted at the beginning of this thread that this court usually takes about 3 weeks to make a decision.

With DC being forced into Shall Issue, the court might be trying to decide if keeping the current status quo is a good idea, especially since DC has been getting slapped around pretty hard with their restrictions on what guns you can/can not own.

The court might be taking their time, because they are being forced into strict scrutiny and as such, they are put in a hell of a bad situation, if they screw up the decision.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    With DC being forced into Shall Issue, the court might be trying to decide if keeping the current status quo is a good idea, especially since DC has been getting slapped around pretty hard with their restrictions on what guns you can/can not own.

The court might be taking their time, because they are being forced into strict scrutiny and as such, they are put in a hell of a bad situation, if they screw up the decision.

Not to mention that Strict Scrutiny already exists in the CA4, within the home, for law abiding citizens (See Chester).

The dishonest will have to wrangle with that, along with Heller.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Not to mention that Strict Scrutiny already exists in the CA4, within the home, for law abiding citizens (See Chester).

The dishonest will have to wrangle with that, along with Heller.

They'll find a way.

Maybe they will create a new standard, strict intermediate scrutiny.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    They'll find a way.

Maybe they will create a new standard, strict intermediate scrutiny.

How about Intermediately Strict Intermediate Scrutiny? = ISIS :innocent0

I can see their minds working .......

How about rationally strict intermediate scrutiny ? SCOTUS didn't say anything nixing THAT, now did they ??? :party29:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Gee, others had posted at the beginning of this thread that this court usually takes about 3 weeks to make a decision.

I'd put a complete guess on this as 13 months just because it's the subject it is and that it was the full En Banc panel. It really sucks that the decision has been made but we won't know what that is for a year.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Meanwhile every libturd I know is whining about filling the supreme court back up to 9 justices because justice can't wait. Go kick rocks. I've been waiting for years already for my rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom