Ben Carson Clarifies His Stance on 2nd Amendment, Supports Owning Any Type of Firearm

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's the only stance he can take if he wants to win the primary, but I don't believe that's what his true position is based on earlier comments.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I call complete BS on his latest statements.

He has said he does not think people in urban areas should have guns like AR15s. He said it; he meant it.

He is just saying what he thinks will get him elected now.

This guy is dangerous.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I call complete BS on his latest statements.

He has said he does not think people in urban areas should have guns like AR15s. He said it; he meant it.

He is just saying what he thinks will get him elected now.

This guy is dangerous.

He's a brilliant man, but we can't afford to have people telling us what we want to hear any longer.

This country needs some unvarnished truth and a slap upside the head for a change and if means loosing the election, it means loosing the election.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "Politician" - Cream

Hey now baby, get into my big black car
    I wanna just show you what my politics are.
    I'm a political man and I practice what I preach
    I'm a political man and I practice what I preach
    So don't deny me baby, not while you're in my reach.

I support the left, tho' I'm leanin', leanin' to the right
    I support the left, tho' I'm leanin' to the right
    But I'm just not there when it's coming to a fight.

I wanna just show you what my politics are.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Having known colleagues who have worked intimately close with Carson for decades, when they tell me he is a most honorable man, I believe it. People clarify their statements all the time, and I've seen it on this forum frequently.

Now that he's made a definitive statement regarding his position I think he'd be hard-pressed to clarify it further. As I stated in a previous thread, when the political climate starts to get real, the views of many potential candidates will be clarified to get in tune with voters, after all, that's what representation is all about. Those with a history of honesty and integrity should benefit from that history. Those that have proven not to have integrity should be held accountable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    God forbid someone who has never really paid attention to a particular topic change their mind once they familiarize themselves with the issues.....

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Originally, his stance was mildly anti-gun, based upon his experience in the operating theater...I hope he's not just making this statement to appease voters in the new Republican climate but it is a bit worrisome and I agree that we don't need anyone running for office that blows smoke up our skirts. That said, let's give him the opportunity over the next few months to prove himself and we can decide later if he's as honorable as many think he is...my biggest concern is that a brilliant man could be corrupted by the Jackson/Sharpton hate machine.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    God forbid someone who has never really paid attention to a particular topic change their mind once they familiarize themselves with the issues.....

A very current example: President Obama and his I can't take executive action on Immigration reform because I'm not Emperor flip-flop.

I'm still unsure of Dr. Carson. Let's see if that dog hunts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A very current example: President Obama and his I can't take executive action on Immigration reform because I'm not Emperor flip-flop.

I'm still unsure of Dr. Carson. Let's see if that dog hunts.

Different scenario. Obama knows it isn't Constitutional, he has no respect for the system and wants to see what he can get away with. He has nothing at all to lose.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I'd vote Carson over Christie and/or Clinton in a heartbeat. Don't forget Reagan's record while CA Governor...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210-story.html
    And let us not forget who signed the Hughes amendment into law. Conservatives love Reagan, but he did us a huge injustice that will probably NEVER be undone.

As far as Carson....I believe he is very uneducated regarding firearms, and once he studies the 2nd amendment from an intellectal standpoint, he will be staunchly on our side. (If he isn't already.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And let us not forget who signed the Hughes amendment into law. Conservatives love Reagan, but he did us a huge injustice that will probably NEVER be undone.

As far as Carson....I believe he is very uneducated regarding firearms, and once he studies the 2nd amendment from an intellectal standpoint, he will be staunchly on our side. (If he isn't already.)

My argument exactly.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Dan Bongino comes to mind.

Dan is not a big gun guy. When he was in LE, he never really had to deal with it. He used firearms as part of his job and that was it.

When he first ran for office, he had to examine the issue in depth and his position became staunchly PRO-2A. IIRC, there were more than a few skeptics here in those days; now his name is suggested as a potential MSP superintendent by many members here.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    He's smart, pragmatic and honorable...not to mention preferable relative to the options I think I see right now.

He's anything but glib.

This is the key point. When has Obama EVER been honorable? Or Hillary, Biden, Reid, O'Malley.......

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    He should understand the whole meaning of the 2A. If he makes excuses like depending on the situation and location on who can have it? It is not the whole essence and true meaning of our rights... I think he has to play the game and I think the Illuminaty will dictates it...:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom