• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I didn't see these in a thread yet. Yesterday we saw a bunch of AMicus briefs filed in support of our position in the Kilbe lawsuit. They are attached.

Note that the AG's of more than 20 states have signed on to defend your rights, as has the NRA, GOA, Pink Pistols, the Congress of Racial Equality and the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.

We got good friends out there.

Attachments

• AGs Brief.pdf
      143.2 KB · Views: 341
    • Gun Owners of America.pdf
      223.9 KB · Views: 268
    • Gun Owners of Cal Brief.pdf
      683.8 KB · Views: 211
    • LELDF Brief.pdf
      227.2 KB · Views: 230
    • NRA Brief.pdf
      180.9 KB · Views: 206
    • Pink Pistols Brief.pdf
      195.3 KB · Views: 233

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Very nice to see some piling on. The ones I read are well written and reenforce main points from each groups' unique perspective. These amicus briefs give input from a very broad segment of society crossing traditional political divides. Very good for our side. I remain optimistic.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    never heard of pink pistols before, the more gun rights groups the better i say

Interesting that the Pink Pistol group brings not only LGBT into the argument, but people or color, women and even disabled persons. They may have one of the more compelling arguments .....

"Amici wish to dispel the misleading and insulting caricature that supporters of Second Amendment rights are either tobacco-chewing, gap-toothed, camouflage-wearing rednecks or militia posers who are morbidly fascinated with firepower".

"Today, blacks, women, the disabled, and the LGBT community are the face of
    the Second Amendment right to bear arms in self-defense".

Agreed that the more the merrier.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    "Today, blacks, women, the disabled, and the LGBT community are the face of the Second Amendment right to bear arms in self-defense".

If that's the case, we should see the NFA, GCA, and FSA2013 go down in flames by Christmas.

Code:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    never heard of pink pistols before, the more gun rights groups the better i say

They're awesome. They're also ignored greatly by the MSM.

Interesting that the Pink Pistol group brings not only LGBT into the argument, but people or color, women and even disabled persons. They may have one of the more compelling arguments .....

"Amici wish to dispel the misleading and insulting caricature that supporters of Second Amendment rights are either tobacco-chewing, gap-toothed, camouflage-wearing rednecks or militia posers who are morbidly fascinated with firepower".

"Today, blacks, women, the disabled, and the LGBT community are the face of
    the Second Amendment right to bear arms in self-defense".

Agreed that the more the merrier.

Pink Pistols started with some energy but like all new/small groups it floundered when its founder/leader stepped back. Baltimore had a chapter, but it withered.

They have since "re-birthed" with a larger cadre of members and some expanded leadership. Good ideas live on beyond those who initially had them. This is not unique to Pink Pistols. Every group has these growing pains. MSI would have disappeared had the few who came before me not sacrificed a great deal of personal energy and resources (most of you know who to thank). Now MSI doesn't rely on a single leader - it's bigger than the people who run it. Part of the natural process, and a good thing for any group.

Pink Pistols is growing and here to stay. I expect they will grow in influence as we go along.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Just finished reading all the conclusions of each and I must say I get this feeling the winds of change is amongst us. Does Maryland have the budget to defend an onslaught of legal challenges? Who has control of that budget? I'm hoping Governor elect Hogan.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    If that's the case, we should see the NFA, GCA, and FSA2013 go down in flames by Christmas.

Code:

The more I hear this below the better it sounds:

Commander Jack McCauley, (Ret.) is hands down the first, best choice to restore honor and integrity to the Maryland State Police. McCauley's character is beyond reproach, his modernization, efficiency and crime fighting initiatives are proven, and he is highly respected by politicians and well liked by Troopers. Its time to appoint Jack McCauley as Maryland State Police Superintendent.:thumbsup:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The more I hear this below the better it sounds:

Commander Jack McCauley, (Ret.) is hands down the first, best choice to restore honor and integrity to the Maryland State Police. McCauley's character is beyond reproach, his modernization, efficiency and crime fighting initiatives are proven, and he is highly respected by politicians and well liked by Troopers. Its time to appoint Jack McCauley as Maryland State Police Superintendent.:thumbsup:

I dont know how you managed to read my mind, but that's a cool trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom