When's best time to apply for MD concealed carry permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Which isn't even half a permit. Better than nothing, but it may as well be small glass of water for a man lost and stranded in the desert.

Code:
    Small glass of water might keep a man a vile till he can reach a stream.....

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    Thanks for answers

Thanks to those who posted helpful information. I will not be moving to another state, but it does make sense to wait and see how the new Hogan administration unfolds. Waiting for a new state police superintendent makes sense. Meanwhile I will try to work throw the county sheriff in PA and see if I can get an exemption to to non-resident reciprocity 'catch 22' and at least try for LTCF in PA. They give them if your home state does. I may also finish up my flight instructor rating to harden that G&S. I've had good experiences with MSP. HQL was done in one day and I got cleared while on the phone. Collector was turned around on Monday after mailing it Friday. They emailed me cause the ok saying a letter would follow.

I think if people present rationale, knowledgable reasons down the road in a better climate things will improve. A more constructive approach by the NRA and others that doesn't just attack Liberals and Democrats may help too. The strongest argument to change public opinion is the good citizen is way outnumbered by criminals with guns and we have a right to protect ourselves.
    A lot of on-the-fence or anti-gun I've found ate remarkably open to rethking their views. I've taken some to the range for a first time. Change can happen with constructive approaches, and while I wait for a better time to apply for CCW, I will be trying to change the culture around us...one person at a time.
    Again, thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom