• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Put it down as G&S. Minuteman says he spoke to a woman that got her permit that way.

I went the application route once and got a unanimous turn down by the board on appeal...can't afford more rent money unless odds turn in my favor. It'd be my luck that the familial relationship (according to the MSP oracles) ends with an aunt or uncle. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Reciprocity would be great but if we can't get a carry permit in our home state of MD it's a moot point for me.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    But alas *at this time* allowing reciprosity without letting the general population of Marylanders is very two edged. I see where you (MM) are going with this . We get the positives of increased normalization , and more armed people out and about to help public safety.

Kinda like LEOSA, although the idea of a retired NJ goon carrying on vacation in the "Free State" is a hard pill to swallow.

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Well, it appears the petition is not gaining (no matter what the perceived merits of the respective arguments might be) much additional momentum on this forum.

Perhaps djcook (many thanks for your effort) will explore other venues?

Regards
    Jack

“No internet post I make is intended as a personal affront.” Jefferson, Thomas: Monticello, Va. 1780.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    We have already created two classes of citizens here in Maryland with FSA2013. Floating the idea that veterans are more responsible than non veterans seems divisive to me. For training purposes I would agree that veterans have had training with firearms and that could be waived. But the state shouldn't continue to infringe on others rights because they didn't take the opportunity to serve.

The required training is just feel good BS. If they need to have something, just call it what it is, a proficiency test. The first 8 hours is basically an NRA pistol class. The second day discusses some legal aspects and the test. Without prior training (self or otherwise) and practice, it would be difficult to pass.

That being said, assuming veterans have pistol training is a bad assumption. My 19 year old daughter is in the Army and qualifies regularly on a M4/M16. Other than with me, she has never touched a pistol.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Let me ask you "all or nothing" folks a question:

Would you be in favor of a bill that said anyone with a carry permit that required a background check and initial training requirement; to be allowed to carry in Maryland with that out of state permit? More simply put are you for reciprocity?

Yes. It doesn't further divide Marylanders into haves and have-nots. As residents, we need solidarity here to accomplish our goals - not divide and conquer. Divide and conquer means that many will be left without a chair when the music stops. Again, JMO.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone willing to answer my question?

Are you in support of recipriocity?

If all states are obliged to honor gay marriages from another state, then every state should accept that Florida has given anyone the right to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom