• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If those things are meaningless why enforce them? Miranda, can a cop force you to rat on yourself?Just keep your mouth shut, Miranda or no Miranda, only an idiot who broke a law would try to talk their way out of it. The biggest problem is parole, letting violent felons out to go back and rape, murder, pillage again and again and for every 10 felonies they commit they might get arrested once. Are you for parole? Just to be fair to felons so they can rehabilitate and become useful member of society again like OJ did?

Am I for parole? Nope not for violent offenders. I believe the "tax evader" or "guy who lied on his mortgage application" should certainly get parole. I think the government needs to take a giant step back on what they consider "felonies" and then parole for me would be a none issue..get rid of it.

As for the rest of your ramblings I couldn't follow along. Miranda has been in place for over 60 years and there are plenty of studies saying it has had a minimal affect on convictions. So I don't buy into your be all to end all theory. Furthermore the criminals you describe aren't going to talk anyway regardless if you tell them they have the right to speak or not. They are just going to STFU because they've "been there done that".

There are many many exceptions to the exclusionary rule it's not even worth having an educated conversation about. Unless the police are blatantly doing illegal searches it's a non starter for most states attorneys.

LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    Wow that escalated quickly. I was just trying to help fellow attorneys find a job because I know what it is like to be underemployed and unemployed as an attorney. I dealt with that crap for over a year. I had the good fortune to land the job I have now and wanted to try to help someone else out with a good job in a great county working with great people. Regardless of how you feel about defense attorneys they are an important part of the criminal justice system and I could not do my job properly without them. They may help people avoid facing responsibility for their own actions but they also help to convince some of these same people how utterly screwed they are and that they should plead guilty to what they are charged with to spare the victim and their family having to go through a trial. They also help people turn their lives around or at least try to. Many times with DUI and drug possession crimes the person is an addict of some sort and while their personal decisions led to their addiction, the attorney representing them can get them to take certain steps to work on becoming sober. I cannot do these things as a prosecutor when someone is not represented by an attorney. I can only tell them what the penalty is for the charges they face and what my offer is to them, I cannot tell them what to do, I cannot tell them what the judge is likely to do, I cannot tell them to get their act together and stop being delusional. So, before you just assume defense attorneys sell their souls and do whatever they can to keep their client out of jail remember that their function is to represent the interests of their client insofar as they are given a fair trial and that their rights are protected. Nine times out of ten, the defense attorney acts as a social worker to get their client to change their attitude and face the music.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    We need police who are out and about in their communities, daily, in uniform, interacting with and being a part of their communities. Standing in line with us at the C-Store, hanging on the corner and in the park, and everywhere else where we work, travel, commute, and play. Not overwhelming, but integrated.

What happens when society falls who keeps order? What happens when a derange person starts shooting up a mall, a park, a school....who responds to save lives? Who responds to the burglary in progress, the robbery that just occurred, or the domestic assault??

All these incidents may require FORCE...some more than others. All you see in the news lately on TV is the bad stuff because that's what the media wants you to see. If you want to see community policing......walk around your town or your county and watch the beat officer do his job.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What's the old saying? Those that can do and those that can't teach.
    \

What's the other saying? Opinions are like assholes?

I teach, and I can more than assure you that I "can" and "do" on top of "teach".

I bill $250-1000 a day for consultations in my subject area because I "can" and "do". What's your daily billing rate?

You want a better society abolish parole, Miranda and the exclusionary rule.

Informing someone of their rights only protects criminals? :loll: Yes, because when you have a defensive gun use because someone breaks into your home, and they arrest you while you are in a state of shock, you sure don't want someone to remind you of your legal rights. :sad20:

And yes, we sure don't want to encourage people who have been convicted to actually engage in the reform process if they are willing and able to. Goodness knows that I sleep better at night knowing that someone who kited checks or cheated on their taxes are serving 20 years and taking up a seat that could house a real criminal.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What happens when society falls who keeps order? What happens when a derange person starts shooting up a mall, a park, a school....who responds to save lives? Who responds to the burglary in progress, the robbery that just occurred, or the domestic assault??

All these incidents may require FORCE...some more than others. All you see in the news lately on TV is the bad stuff because that's what the media wants you to see. If you want to see community policing......walk around your town or your county and watch the beat officer do his job.

Yes, but that's not the only solution. For one, thing, how about Wayne Lapierre's notion that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? And the old adage that an armed society is a polite society?

Maybe people would be a little more hesitant to commit that crime if they were afraid that justice might be served before the police have a chance to respond. Isn't that one of the points of having a 2A?

The Left wants to substitute the 2A with a police state to keep order. It's supposed to be the other way around.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well since he doesn't believe in the exclusionary rule, how about just getting rid of the 4th amendment? And since that one doesn't matter, how about the 2nd?

Without the exclusionary rule, the 4th amendment is about as strong as the Freedom of Speech Guarantee in China.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well since he doesn't believe in the exclusionary rule, how about just getting rid of the 4th amendment? And since that one doesn't matter, how about the 2nd?

Without the exclusionary rule, the 4th amendment is about as strong as the Freedom of Speech Guarantee in China.

Rights? We don't need no stinkin' rights!

We have a benevolent ruling class.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    :lol:

2015-lamborghini-huracan-fd.jpg

url

:lol::lol::lol::lol2::lol2::lol2:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Yes, but that's not the only solution. For one, thing, how about Wayne Lapierre's notion that the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? And the old adage that an armed society is a polite society?

Maybe people would be a little more hesitant to commit that crime if they were afraid that justice might be served before the police have a chance to respond. Isn't that one of the points of having a 2A?

The Left wants to substitute the 2A with a police state to keep order. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Sir....you're preaching to the choir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom