• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybee

Ultimate Member
    As I said earlier, there was an upgrade in the material (silicon nitride, less porous and doesn't oxidize like the older silicon carbide) a few years ago, and they are much more reliable than in the past. For the minimal cost, I would still keep a spare.

As for looking at them and telling they are bad ... I can :D

so can I, if they are discolored, cracked or a piece missing but some have a hairline crack that only flex or raise ohms to trigger a fault at temparature so they look normal at ambient but change at temp in the burner flame.

:D:D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    But we're your nipples hard?

I just might have my service dispatcher ask people this when they call in for service. In the summer she can ask them if their balls are sweaty. That way I'll know if they have a priority call or not. :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    so can I, if they are discolored, cracked or a piece missing but some have a hairline crack that only flex or raise ohms to trigger a fault at temparature so they look normal at ambient but change at temp in the burner flame.

:D:D

If there is a crack, there will be no burner flame. These are so brittle that you will never flex it without making a crack and touching it with your bare hand can deposit oils or dirt that causes failure.

Good thing you do not work under my supervision.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I just might have my service dispatcher ask people this when they call in for service. In the summer she can ask them if their balls are sweaty. That way I'll know if they have a priority call or not. :)

Now that is customer service. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Where would one find a spare and know that it would work with my system?

Try Ebay, you never know what you can find there. I used to get a lot of parts for old pellet stoves off there just search for the model # of your stove along with the part needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom