• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Ok, I sent an email to the good Crpl and he emailed me back this morning that I had been approved already. Who knows how long ago that was done. Anyway, he said just go ahead from now on and note on the paperwork you area Collector. I may or may not ever get a letter sent to me, but I do have his emails to support it. My FFL is very easy to work with and has said that was good enough for them.

So, if you have been waiting a while, I would suggest sending an email to inquire the status.

lostsole

Feb 28, 2011
    North West Balto Co
    I finally decided to email Cpl. Cussimano and received the following.

"Your original application was placed on hold due to the fact you were not in our system. Currently there is a "stay of execution" on or pending policy, therefore you can be approved. You may begin to purchase as a collector, your letter will be mailed as soon as time allows."

I'm not sure how long they would have held it (5+ months already) before I would have received a rejection or they would have sent the letters for those of use the got through due to the "stay of execution".

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I emailed the corporal yesterday and he told me to check back tomorrow, that he was hoping to finish up Januarys by then. I emailed him today and he responded back that I was not disapproved. that was pretty quicksince I didn't send it in until one of the last days in January.:thumbsup:

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Can anyone give confirmation that you do NOT need two regulated firearm purchases in order to get approved? I have one but have yet to make a second purchase. Would just like to hear from someone in my same position that has already been approved.

Nbruno

Laker101
    Feb 13, 2012
    Lutherville, md
    Still waiting

anyone know about how long the wait is these days for a DC permit? I'm a little over a month and a half, emailed Cpl Cusimano 2 weeks ago and did not hear back. This wait is drastically affecting my collecting exploits. One gun every 30 days, how's a guy supposed to feed the habit?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    anyone know about how long the wait is these days for a DC permit? I'm a little over a month and a half, emailed Cpl Cusimano 2 weeks ago and did not hear back. This wait is drastically affecting my collecting exploits. One gun every 30 days, how's a guy supposed to feed the habit?
    I had an an email response in a little over 2 weeks from the day I applied.

gunman417

Dec 23, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Md collector's permit (application)

Can anyone provide suggestions on the wording needed "describe nature of collecting activities"? This sounds like a trick question and if you do not respond with the correct wording you will be denied. Is attending gun shows and purchasing different brands, sometimes more often than every 30 days sufficent?

Thanks

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can anyone provide suggestions on the wording needed "describe nature of collecting activities"? This sounds like a trick question and if you do not respond with the correct wording you will be denied. Is attending gun shows and purchasing different brands, sometimes more often than every 30 days sufficent?

Thanks

It's not a trick question. I entered "Collecting handguns of different mechanisms" which was sufficient. My approval in early fall took less than a month, although they are likely running through these slower over the holidays. Good luck.

adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    I'm glad I went through the process. While I don't normally buy more then 1 every 30 days,it's nice to be able too.

gunman417

Dec 23, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Please let me know where it states that you must purchase two firearms prior to submitting application for collector's status. I do not see it, and have my application ready to go with only one purchase in process..................but my eye on two others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom