• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    saw couple spikes possibly twins sparring ...a little and let them pass as i need couple does right now

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I saw a bunch of smallish does a few weeks back and two more small ones yesterday evening(cold and WINDY AS $HIT) but have let 'em all walk. WTF? I haven't seen a shooter buck the last few times out and I only have about three more chances to get out with my bow. If I don't get a halfway decent buck the next time out, I'm gonna have to reserve my last two chances just to get something to put in the freezer.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Montgomery County bucks spotted - 2 10pters on the north side of Clopper road next to Strider WMA 2. They were standing at the creek bed, next to one another. Good luck and happy hunting. If you bag them and want to share the meat, PM me.

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    Just0 saw an absolute monster. 50 yds hung out for.about 5 mins, must not caught my doe estrous trail then trotted off. Widest I've ever seen here.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Had a really nice buck chasing a doe at 9am saturday morning. She was hauling across the field and he wanted her bad. On the way home at 10:45am we saw a BIG buck standing next to a lone doe in the middle of a soy bean field without a care in the world.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    ive seen a spike the last couple times out....Sat I heard two bucks fighting..a first for me! it was prob a half mile from where i was but i could hear it echoing through the trees...maybe decieving how far it was? there hasnt been much action around my feeders apart from the lone spike...i spooked one deer out as i was leaving my blind last night :sad20: didnt see what it was. all i saw was a white tail crashing through the brush...:o

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    7 here so far, 3 with muzzleloader, 4 with bow. Here's the latest:
    104_0011.jpg
    He's an eight, with a messed up side. Would have been a nice ten.

MH

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Slow day, had one slip passed around 6:20am, could just make out that it was a deer. Tonight i had a 40 lb. doe milling around and that was it. Farm next us still has standing corn and there was plenty of shooting over there today.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Public or Private Land. Which county if I may ask as well.

Private land, AA Co.

MH....

Man that is a nice one! Congrats.... Long main beams are my favorite! Looks like the left main beam is a long one! Good work..

Thanks! What is really impressive, moreso in person, is the amount of mass at the bases. The DNR cut his jaw and looked at his teeth and estimated 4.5 to 5.5 years old.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    AHHHH Once a year deer hunter enter the woods again!!!!!!!

Don't you love those guys. Walk in with spotlights trying to land airplanes. I feel bad if there are people like that on here but they are patethic. I feel no sympathy for those asses who do no job trying to learn their way into the woods the other 10 months out of the year. Happens to a good buddy of mine every year. Kinda sad. I need 1000 acres to myself. Then hopefully don't have to worry about people waking by at daybreak.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Northern Baltimore County- got in the stand at 5:45am didn't see a thing all morning - except a fox who was flipping out over all the geese. Didn't hear a whole lot of shooting either. Got down around 9:30am and walked around a bit. Spooked about 10 deer hiding out in some thick grass, doubled back to head them off and spooked 3 more out. They were not moving in the AM for us. Too far and too much brush for any shots.

My buddies went back in the afternoon and saw a some does. Passed on a couple and then they took one around 4:30pm - about a 10 yd shot.

Hoping next weekend is better, I was looking forward to breaking in the Savage 220.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    let a few does and a small 4 point walk today. but if I don't see mister big this week they are all freezer meat next weekend!

onespentround

Nov 14, 2010
    Sykesville
    Don't you love those guys. Walk in with spotlights trying to land airplanes. I feel bad if there are people like that on here but they are patethic. I feel no sympathy for those asses who do no job trying to learn their way into the woods the other 10 months out of the year. Happens to a good buddy of mine every year. Kinda sad. I need 1000 acres to myself. Then hopefully don't have to worry about people waking by at daybreak.

roger that!!!!:party29:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Good, I suggest you buy it. Maybe many of those evil people have to work? :rolleyes:

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Got this beast on private land in east baltimore county. I dont get to hunt nearly as much as I like so this was a real treat for me. The largest deer I have taken so so far. 8 point and 145lbs dressed.

Attachments

• deer 2011.jpg
      deer 2011.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom