• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    For those of you who own a 5.7 how do you like the? Bought one on a whim and can't decide if it was a good or stupid buy. I can't shoot it at the closest range to me:sad20: The ammo is not as expensive as I thought it might be. Can get a pretty good price on gunbot, but still far from cheap.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    A Five-seveN was actually my first handgun, and I'm still deciding how much I like it. I like the light recoil and high capacity. I like the flat ballistics and penetration of the round. It's not an AR pistol of course, but it's not like a regular pistol either. I like it enough that I haven't sold it, despite the fact the one can get a nice handgun or rifle in exchange.

Ammo is overpriced. PSA has pretty competitive prices currently.

American Eagle @ $18 per box of 50 rounds ...
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/12450/category/85/

FNH 40gr V-Max (SS197SR) @ $20 per box of 50 rounds ...
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/59/category/84/

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Its a cool gun. Im thinking of getting a threaded barrel so I can get a suppressor. As far as shooting it, Freestate is a cool with shooting 5.7 there.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's cool. I would love it to be my only firearm if I were "naked and alone" on the run in the woods for God knows how long. Couple extra full mags and it is a confidence boost.
    However, this scenario will never play out like that, so for $1,200 bucks to just lay n the floor of my closet, nah.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I had one and sold it not long after. I bought it as a novelty and after plinking with it half a dozen times meh. I grew to dislike where they installed the safety

I shot a .22 swinger plate a few times and it barely knocked the paint off with the "civillian" blue and red colored tip ammo. I'm not sure that's worth mentioning but as we all were walking up to it everyone thought there would be at least a dent, much less a hole.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I borrowed one from a buddy two weeks ago and was consistently hitting a 12 inch plate at 100 yards. like 18 out of 20. Hit more than 50% at 200 yard plate. As stated above cool gun.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I had one and sold it not long after. I bought it as a novelty and after plinking with it half a dozen times meh. I grew to dislike where they installed the safety

I shot a .22 swinger plate a few times and it barely knocked the paint off with the "civillian" blue and red colored tip ammo. I'm not sure that's worth mentioning but as we all were walking up to it everyone thought there would be at least a dent, much less a hole.

Try the green tips

Twofer

Regular Guy
    Dec 13, 2014
    Columbia MD
    The Five-seveN is a cool gun, but it's not really that spectacular. It's about as cool as shooting a Glock 17. A little louder with less recoil, and a stiff trigger.

I'm keeping mine because it's so infamous, it'll be a collectors item eventually. (With those armor seeking, heat piercing full power 50 BMG rounds.)

Attachments

• fns.jpg
      fns.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 418

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A Five-seveN was actually my first handgun, and I'm still deciding how much I like it. I like the light recoil and high capacity. I like the flat ballistics and penetration of the round. It's not an AR pistol of course, but it's not like a regular pistol either. I like it enough that I haven't sold it, despite the fact the one can get a nice handgun or rifle in exchange.

Ammo is overpriced. PSA has pretty competitive prices currently.

American Eagle @ $18 per box of 50 rounds ...
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/12450/category/85/

FNH 40gr V-Max (SS197SR) @ $20 per box of 50 rounds ...
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/59/category/84/

I'd like to get a chance to shoot it some time if we get some range time together.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm assuming you're talking about continental. Why can't you shoot it there?

Too fast. Their backstop has swirl chambers and good chance they won't stop the round and it could come back at you. No .17HMR either.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I have one and it sits in my safe next to other half useless pistols like the S&W 500 and DE .44. Cool gun but I just don't shoot it much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom