• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It looks like there are some rigid rules regarding illegal aliens possessing firearms or ammunition (see http://www.atf.gov/files/firearms/faq/non-immigrant-aliens.pdf). How do those rules apply to shooting ranges? Does a shooting range in Maryland have a requirement to verify that a customer is not an illegal alien especially if the range sells ammunition? Do shooting ranges normally require a customers self-declaration that they are here legally or a citizen? Are these rules just ignored?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Unless you give a shooting range reason to question your immigration status and present valid ID, technically an illegal can shoot. Legally an illegal alien can't even touch a firearm so if they are discovered, they are violating numerous firearms laws in the US.

Matt

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm pretty sure it's racist and possibly illegal to question someone's immigration status in Maryland. If someone is discovered to be here illegally the most you can do is get them a driver's license and pay for their college tuition

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    All strikes me as pretty much moot in this stooge excuse for a state as, EVERY time I called the main # for the MVA last week, the recording literally touts "for information on MD's new program to assist persons without documentation of citizenship in obtaining their first MD Drivers License or identification card, please Press 1."

Anything for votes and to keep the cycle of lunacy and dependency going, I guess :innocent0

National security is just gonna keep getting more and more, err, interesting . . .:tdown:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I'm pretty sure it's racist and possibly illegal to question someone's immigration status in Maryland. If someone is discovered to be here illegally the most you can do is get them a driver's license and pay for their college tuition

:lol::lol2:

Thank you for putting everything back in such a true perspective. I really needed that :thumbsup:

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    All strikes me as pretty much moot in this stooge excuse for a state as, EVERY time I called the main # for the MVA last week, the recording literally touts "for information on MD's new program to assist persons without documentation of citizenship in obtaining their first MD Drivers License or identification card, please Press 1."

Anything for votes and to keep the cycle of lunacy and dependency going, I guess :innocent0

National security is just gonna keep getting more and more, err, interesting . . .:tdown:

While riding in my wife's car with her last weekend, she had the radio tuned to WNEW. They were referring to illegals as "undocumented community members."

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There are no citizenship requirements to use a range.

If an illegal alien possesses a modern firearm or ammunition, they would be violating the law.

If the Illegal alien possesses an antique (black powder gun), they would be okay.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    There are no citizenship requirements to use a range.

If an illegal alien possesses a modern firearm or ammunition, they would be violating the law.

If the Illegal alien possesses an antique (black powder gun), they would be okay.

If an illegal alien is an illegal alien they are breaking the law.
    :innocent0

supernova00

Sep 19, 2013
    Dick's Sporting Goods asks citizenship status when buying ammunition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom