self defense might be good and substantional reason for ccw as early as October 2015

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I was hoping this thread meant one of the good, substantial bills (like SB0100 or HB0767), still bottled up yesterday, got uncorked in time to make crossover day. Now I am back to being depressed. thanks!

The bill is cross filed, so it doesn't need to crossover, both chambers could vote for the identical bill independently and have it land on the governor's desk.

Just woke up. Who the heck typed that fantasy?

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    I'm a little concerned about the bills themselves. SB100 just added the text "SELF-DEFENSE OR"

has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a
    2 handgun, such as SELF–DEFENSE OR a finding that the permit is necessary as a
    3 reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

It just seems that the wording is poor, and MSP can still try to wiggle their way around this one. I'd rather see Self Defense is explicitly accepted as a good and substantial reason. Anyone else see this flaw?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I think it very difficult for any bureaucrat to deny a permit submitted under "self-defense".

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I'm a little concerned about the bills themselves. SB100 just added the text "SELF-DEFENSE OR"

It just seems that the wording is poor, and MSP can still try to wiggle their way around this one. I'd rather see Self Defense is explicitly accepted as a good and substantial reason. Anyone else see this flaw?

AGREED!!

Scarab

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    MSP has said in the past that they could issue a permit in < 24 hours if there was a need. I would think that such quick issue would be for "finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger."

Everyone else waits the 90 days.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Yeah that bothers me as well, Define "SELF-DEFENSE"

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    i always wondered that the money was more important than people.
    always wondered why that was the case.
    i could see the armoued car guards cause its a lot of money and that would be a great deal of money and thus possibility of a lot of violence with collerateral damage.
    now as a retired police sgt i can carry under leosa but having said that i have always thought good and substantial should apply to everyone except criminals.
    also ironic until the 2013 law those who got permits, except security guards didnt have any training or qualls to get a carry permit hell theyu didnt need to know which end of the barrel the bullet came out of. i knew of a guy who had a permit who didnt know that fact hard to believe isnt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom