• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Kinda surprised it already wasn't considered so.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Just curious as i havent been able to follow much ... but what bills become laws come october? And what does this mean for us who wish to get a carry permit for self defense?

ballistic fingerprinting requirement repeals oct 1

the handgun roster board will no longer examine sbr's

Any LEO denied retired officer credentials by their agency will have 60 days from oct 1 to get one, and any officer retiring after oct 1 has 30 days from retirement to ask for one. All agencies in the state "shall" issue the cards. Its something they need for LEOSA, but some agencies refuse to issue them.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I just called my MD State Senator's Office, Big Ed Reilly, and encourage him to propose/ resubmit gun legislation like the SB 100, in that a valid reason for a carry permit being personal defense.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I just called my MD State Senator's Office, Big Ed Reilly, and encourage him to propose/ resubmit gun legislation like the SB 100, in that a valid reason for a carry permit being personal defense.

Personal Protection is already a recognized G&S by MSP.

The issue is the over reach of their authority given to them by state statute and COMAR, with regards to what they ask for to prove the need for personal protection.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Personal Protection is already a recognized G&S by MSP.

The issue is the over reach of their authority given to them by state statute and COMAR, with regards to what they ask for to prove the need for personal protection.

But legislation removing G&S could always be submitted :rockon::rockon:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    dblas, Thanks for the correction. I'll give them another call today...

No problem, what we need to do is either remove G&S or put confines on what MSP can request in regards to proving a need for a wear and carry permit.

We also need to get the legislature to remove"reasonable precaution against apprehended danger" and replace it with "probable need" as found by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Wollard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom