• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    You can fill other stuff out and save the app. I think I answered my own question by going to the other sections. Thanks

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    I put the other reference number in because I was told that by my livescaner and it went through. Hopefully mine still works since I can't change it now. This is so crazy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The 72 hour rule does not apply to the HQL. Only to the LTCH permit.

IIRC the HQL prints cannot be used for the LTCH permit because they route to different places, especially if you wait more than 72 hours to submit, but I'm not 100% sure.. Prints are only good for 30 days even if you are able to wait IIRC.

Best to call MSP Licensing and ask about using one scan for both

Attachments

• prints.jpg
      prints.jpg
      92.6 KB · Views: 499

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember: when you get your card, the first four digits are the year that you get your card and these digits (plus the dash in the middle) are part of your COMPLETE HQL NUMBER that you write on gun purchase paperwork.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Since this thread has been resurrected, where did peopel go to get their prints? I live in Baltimore City, but it appears my best bet might be The Empire Towers Building/ in Glen Burnie. If I'm reading it correctly, their fees are $26.50.

I called a few gun shops, and while I love supporting my LGS with my other training classes and purchases, I do not think paying $60 for a walk-in is something I want to do when most places doing LiveScan seem to have about a $30-ish fee.

Any other suggestions in the general Baltimore area? A place in the city called XSIG Inc, but I haven't called them yet to find any details.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    So I was viewing the fees for the Maryland Livescan location in Glen Burnie and they added upto $26.50. However, when I click to register for a time it wants to charge me $76. Initially I thought this was the $50 HQL fee plus scans, but then that would be $76.50, not $76.

So, are they really charging me $76 for livescan and then I have another $50 on top of that? Is this normal? Seems high but maybe I'm missing something. Some places say they do it for $30-ish.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I went to a place in Rockville. They charged me $62.50. That did not include the 50 bucks to MSP.

The fingerprint locations do not collect the MSP fee. That is done when you actually apply.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I went to a place in Rockville. They charged me $62.50. That did not include the 50 bucks to MSP.

The fingerprint locations do not collect the MSP fee. That is done when you actually apply.

I didn't think so.

So it would appear that the $60 fee that Free State Gun Range charges for walk-in Livescan prints is pretty average? It seems that most places are going to cost over $50, despite what I have seen. I think prints only cost about $30, but it seems like what the HQL fees do also include a background check or something additional? (I think the $50 for MSP also includes all of their work, which I thought included a background check, but maybe the Livescan places are doing that check of my fingerprints against other fingerprint databases?)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Livescan vendors don't do the actual check. They forward your prints to the MD CJIS, who does the check and forwards the info to MSP. That's why they transmit a code for the HQL with your prints so CJIS knows where to forward them.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Livescan vendors don't do the actual check. They forward your prints to the MD CJIS, who does the check and forwards the info to MSP. That's why they transmit a code for the HQL with your prints so CJIS knows where to forward them.

That is my understanding, thanks for clarifying. I was just wondering why they seem to charge so much. My wife got ink prints done a few years ago for substitute teaching and it was like $35.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I paid about $55. That seemed to be about average.

Well I'm gonna call Barton tomorrow since it is not very far from my office. I would go to Free State but it's on Easter Sunday at 9am and that won't work. I want to get my prints done by the first week of April so I can get a new carry piece when I go out of state this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom