• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I subscribe to DTI's 'quips', highly recommended, all are interesting, but today's was very surprising. I had to go verify, and it's true. Recently Israel made it even easier for everyone, even non- IDF citizens to carry guns in public, and now - Russia just did the same. If you are interested, read the quip below and I found this article most informative- http://www.examiner.com/article/russia-turns-to-guns-to-stem-high-murder-rate

John Farnam has granted permission to repost his excellent and very popular "quips", I recommend you also subscribe and check out his outstanding training at DTI:

21 Nov 14

The Amazing Vlad P!

Russia's Vladimir Putin has made a landmark decision to trust ordinary,
    plain-vanilla Russian citizens to keep and bear arms for, of all things, "self
    defense" and to "protect lives, health and property" Included are "
    long-barreled weapons, pistols, revolvers."

He said, "You can get a lot more done with politeness and a weapon, than
    with politeness alone!"

Vlad P's detractors are forecasting carnage in the street. When it doesn'
    t happen, like liberal hypocrites over here, they'll all predictably
    develop amnesia!

What is the world coming to? While liberals over here can only talk about
    suffocating us with endless layers of new restrictions, Russians are
    talking about expanding individual freedom and liberty!

Could it be that the fact that armed citizens are the only credible
    deterrent to violent crime has finally become clear, even in Russia, if not in
    Washington?

Vlad P, for all his faults, at least genuinely cares about the people he is
    committed to protecting enough to courageously make this major change. I
    have to give him that!

Meanwhile, how long will those of us over here have to wait before we hear
    BHO say, "... and if you like your head, you can keep it."

"An efficient and valuable man does what he can, whether the community pays
    him for it or not. The inefficient offer their inefficiency to the highest
    bidder, and are forever expecting to be put in office."

Henry David Thoreau

/John

1970swifty

Oct 14, 2011
    Elkton,MD
    our two countries seem like they are flip flopping. Russia heading more like free America used to be and USA like communist Russia used to be

Feb 28, 2013
    Eh, I wouldn't go quite that far.

Perhaps not. But they do seem to be learning from their past mistakes.

OUR President on the other hand only cares about the perceived need to punish this country over perceived past injustices while calling it something innocuous like "fundamental transformation".

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    That's very interesting.

Nothing in Russia happens without a purpose and a reason...nothing.

One difference is that if you screw the pooch with a gun in Russia, you're gonna pay heavy in their justice system. They will not hesitate to hammer you. They aint shy about handing out and "executing" the death penalty.

The Chechens aren't a small threat. Neither is organized crime in Russia. This may also help Russia's effort in the Ukraine.

No surprise for Israel. They live with constant threat. Rather than hide or run scared, they elect to empower folks to deal with a threat RIGHT NOW AND IN PERSON. They are all about pragmatism.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

OUR President on the other hand only cares about the perceived need to punish this country over perceived past injustices while calling it something innocuous like "fundamental transformation".
    He's on a straight path for fundamental transformation...he and his cronies and fellow criminals have in fact made a sham out of our political and judicial systems. They've created immeasurable distrust and dashed hope for the future. They are absolutely dishonest, duplicitous and divisive. May the good Lord help us all.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.

I agree with the second point wholeheartedly. I worry about Russia now though, for our sakes, especially because we have two more years under this foreign policy wimp, and we'll probably elect another wimp.

I hope you're right and they've learned something, but I think Putin would rather see Russia in its past glory than try to learn from anything. They bomber patrols keep getting close :shocked2:.

Feb 28, 2013
    I agree with the second point wholeheartedly. I worry about Russia now though, for our sakes, especially because we have two more years under this foreign policy wimp, and we'll probably elect another wimp.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.:sad20:

I hope you're right and they've learned something, but I think Putin would rather see Russia in its past glory than try to learn from anything. They bomber patrols keep getting close :shocked2:.

I hope those two points aren't seen by Putin as mutually exclusive. Given the recent economic progress in China by employing parts of a system that they want the rest of the world to think they despise, there may be hope for the Russkies as well.

The seeds of discontent are usually planted once a country begins to stray from its core principles, as the Muslim-in-Chief has made evident. The Russkies are far too bullheaded to allow that to happen to the extent that it's happened here.

They have a chance to become a great country and a major economic player on the world stage. Hopefully once their people begin to realize that, they'll develop industry and trade and become prosperous.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That's very interesting.

Nothing in Russia happens without a purpose and a reason...nothing.

One difference is that if you screw the pooch with a gun in Russia, you're gonna pay heavy in their justice system. They will not hesitate to hammer you. They aint shy about handing out and "executing" the death penalty.

The Chechens aren't a small threat. Neither is organized crime in Russia. This may also help Russia's effort in the Ukraine.

No surprise for Israel. They live with constant threat. Rather than hide or run scared, they elect to empower folks to deal with a threat RIGHT NOW AND IN PERSON. They are all about pragmatism.

This is very true. After watching some of those Russian dash cam videos, it will be interesting to see how all those many, many careless accidents get resolved. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom