• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    Probably my Hi-Point 995. It's fun to shoot, but it's heavy, inaccurate, and fails to feed far too often. Plus the spring loaded recoil pad always pinches my neck upon firing in the prone position.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Right..the pic isn't my pistol. Mine is missing the rear sight leaf. Didn't pay enough attention at the auction. That being said, I've only fired .38 specials through it and had no problems. But still wouldn't have bought it in it's incomplete state...

Nabla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 17, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I don't regret buying any of my guns, but I have two guns that I regret not buying. Both were from a small auction last year: an all correct Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1 (T) sniper for $2.5k and a Springfield M1903 fitted with a Warner-Swasey for $3k... I don't think I can find deals like that again. Does anyone remember that auction, last August in Chestertown? It was a good one.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The gun I've come closest to regretting was an M44. I should have sucked it up and bought an M39. I also wish I had been able to find a "normal weight" Israeli FN FAL before the ban, instead of the way-too-damn-heavy FALO I was able to acquire (albeit at an excellent price, and it shoots awesome).

I also probably spent too much money customizing my Kareen, given that it still shoots an inch left at like 7yds. Might just need to play with the rear sight and drift it right, though. Or maybe I just suck. Excellent groups otherwise.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I'm not so happy with the M&P 40 either. Actually more comfy on my side and easier to conceal for me than my g19. Hate shooting it though.

If I sell it to an FFL can they take my 10+ mags?

Edit: it's the M&P 40c (compact) to be fair and accurate.

Last edited:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Interesting...

My M&P 40 is a go-to for me. No regrets, YMMV

40 was just darned uncomfortable for me and the wife. It was originally supposed to be for her but she kept stealing my 1911 instead. I finally said screw it, sold the 40 and bought another 1911. I love the ergonomics of the m&p though so I got myself a 9 for three gun.

The gun I've come closest to regretting was an M44. I should have sucked it up and bought an M39. I also wish I had been able to find a "normal weight" Israeli FN FAL before the ban, instead of the way-too-damn-heavy FALO I was able to acquire (albeit at an excellent price, and it shoots awesome).

I also probably spent too much money customizing my Kareen, given that it still shoots an inch left at like 7yds. Might just need to play with the rear sight and drift it right, though. Or maybe I just suck. Excellent groups otherwise.

Hey, Erwos, didn't know you're a Kareen owner. Post some pics so I can see which model. I'm building a little Hi Power collection, and a Kareen's somewhere on my list.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    40 was just darned uncomfortable for me and the wife. It was originally supposed to be for her but she kept stealing my 1911 instead. I finally said screw it, sold the 40 and bought another 1911. I love the ergonomics of the m&p though so I got myself a 9 for three gun.

I don't much like 45 either. I bet 40 would be real nice in something like the STI Match Master, but I'm not buying a $2700 pistol to shoot a cartridge I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom